Bolton Wanderers Debt - £163.8m

mozam76

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is nowhere near as bad as it sounds. The debt is servicing a new hotel, youth academy and a few other recent investments. Only about £12 million is owed to the bank and there is a plan in place to cut costs over the next five years if they don't go back up this season.

This is nowhere near as bad as it sounds. The debt is servicing a new hotel, youth academy and a few other recent investments. Only about £12 million is owed to the bank and there is a plan in place to cut costs over the next five years if they don't go back up this season,

A hotel? fucking great idea...

Guest The Phoenix

This is nowhere near as bad as it sounds. The debt is servicing a new hotel, youth academy and a few other recent investments. Only about £12 million is owed to the bank and there is a plan in place to cut costs over the next five years if they don't go back up this season,

tumblr_m7skdyhMUt1r3zat8.gif

• 1 year later...

Probably just brinksmanship from any buyers given the circumstances. Davies is going to write off the £175m debt so that's the major deterrent out of the way. Surprised he's just pulled the plug Mileson style though.

Is this the same team who was desperate for the EPL to be a closed shop? If so, then pleasing news.

Was their chairman not one an advocate for a premier league 2 or a EPL closed shop? I forget which one.

batman-eyes-narrow-o.gif

Went down there for a pre-season years ago and their fans seemed like a bunch of horrible Londsdale wearing scum. I'll laugh if they die.

Bit harsh, those fans have families.

Winding up order issued by hmrc today

Thoroughly pleasing news. With the apparent claim that their 'big debt' would be written off, I feared that they'd get off scot-free for years of blatant financial doping.

Polishing my grave-dancing shoes now.

I'm actually surprised Neil "Best manager in Britain" Lennons not singlehandedly saved them by getting them into the Champions League

Archived