Forgotten scottish bands

tongue_tied_danny

Played with them at the cathouse my first ever gig aswell! Really nice guys, I bumped into Raymond a couple times after that and despite the fact I don't think he knew who he was stood and chatted for ages.

My brother was the drummer for the Ronelles. Biased, but their music was excellent!

Loved this lot. Only YouTube videos I can find are like this with someone else playing guitar over the top but still a great listen.

post-12982-0-89385800-1388343331_thumb.j

I must have seen them supporting the magnificent Ginger.

But whatever happened to the Sluts of Trust? Oh yes, they're now the Board at Ibrox, arf arf.

The Blue Nile from yonks ago.

I wonder what happened to The Officeboy (Gordon Campbell). He put out a good song called "With a woman like you". Doesn't seem to be on youtube. I'll mibbe upload it tomorrow.

I wonder what happened to The Officeboy (Gordon Campbell). He put out a good song called "With a woman like you". Doesn't seem to be on youtube. I'll mibbe upload it tomorrow.

Classic band, was just listening to hats today, what an album:

post-2169-13888004663673_thumb.jpg

The Blue Nile were sublime.

My sister had Gordon Campbell's single 'With A Woman Like You' with a track called 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' (not the Stones tune) on the b-side - very poppy, but quite good.

He had a record label called Honey Records for a while, but I don't think it came to much.

He had some success as a songwriter, and may or may not have been involved with the writing of 'Japanese Boy' and 'Merry Christmas Everyone' for Aneka and Shakin' Stevens respectively, both of which were (co)written by Bobby Heatlie senior, and both of which were murder, but would have made the writers a few bob.

A name from the past, right enough! :lol:

The Blue Nile were sublime.

My sister had Gordon Campbell's single 'With A Woman Like You' with a track called 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' (not the Stones tune) on the b-side - very poppy, but quite good.

He had a record label called Honey Records for a while, but I don't think it came to much.

He had some success as a songwriter, and may or may not have been involved with the writing of 'Japanese Boy' and 'Merry Christmas Everyone' for Aneka and Shakin' Stevens respectively, both of which were (co)written by Bobby Heatlie senior, and both of which were murder, but would have made the writers a few bob.

A name from the past, right enough! :lol:

I found the upload of the song.