Forgotten scottish bands

tongue_tied_danny

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2020 at 19:22, NewBornBairn said:

I saw the Exploited mentioned earlier - their finest hour :

Used to see Big John every other day as we lived in the same neighbourhood here in Amsterdam, he's still here but recently moved to a different part of town to a ground floor apartment due to ill health.

I knew the drummer from this band when he ran a go cart track in Dundee a few years ago.

I remember seeing them around the time their first single came out and they were excellent. They were the first band signed to King Tuts’ brief in-house label if I remember rightly and it was great. Whenever they were picked up by a major label, they put an added gleam on their sound and the singer Americanised his voice a lot more, which sort of put me off. They were always acting like p***ks in the press as well, like “look how wacky we are!!!!”. Still had a couple of very good tunes though - Waiting For Go being one of them.

I think this lot were Scottish. Still listen to this song all the time. 

Bob out of Idlewild was in Degrassi, so again I’m kind of assuming they were Scottish. Also put this on a load as well because it’s fucking great. 

• 2 weeks later...
Are Mogwai still around? Once about as big as post rock could get. 
Released Zero Zero Zero, a new soundtrack album, just a few weeks ago, currently recording a new album (or were going to pre COVID).

Have done two Tim's Twitter Listening Parties during lockdown.

Selling tickets for shows at Hydro, Roundhouse and Manchester for February 2021. Also to reschedule a mini tour of Highlands which had been scheduled for April. More gigs to come in 2021 I'm sure to launch the new album.

Had a relatively quiet year last year after finishing touring their last album, but still managed to play Bellahouston to support The Cure, and record said soundtrack album.

And continue to run their label Rock Action.

Apart from all that, not up to much!

11 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Released Zero Zero Zero, a new soundtrack album, just a few weeks ago, currently recording a new album (or were going to pre COVID).

Have done two Tim's Twitter Listening Parties during lockdown.

Selling tickets for shows at Hydro, Roundhouse and Manchester for February 2021. Also to reschedule a mini tour of Highlands which had been scheduled for April. More gigs to come in 2021 I'm sure to launch the new album.

Had a relatively quiet year last year after finishing touring their last album, but still managed to play Bellahouston to support The Cure, and record said soundtrack album.

And continue to run their label Rock Action.

Apart from all that, not up to much!

One of my favourite bands to see live, saw them in NYC back in 2008 and numerous times across Europe, my favourite was seeing them perform the Atomic soundtrack at Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ, a friend was working for them so we got to hang out with them afterwards it was a lovely evening just sitting by the water, I miss going to gigs.