Forgotten scottish bands

tongue_tied_danny

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 23:09, yoda said:

I stumbled across this on Spotify recently, having not heard it since I was still in school (so late 2000s):

What happened to them? “Still Got Friday To Go” was a decent tune too.

Stevie Anderson left to form the excellent folk/country group Anderson, McGinty, Webster, Ward and Fisher - later renamed Sinderins.  The Law carried on briefly with a replacement guitarist but never quite got over the loss of Stevie.  Think they reformed briefly for a one off gig but have otherwise dropped off the radar.

18 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Absolutely! Jackie's life wasn't easy but his musical legacy is huge. His solo work is incredible.

Yeah, just wish - like John Martyn - that he'd been more on the ball when it came to his production.  Lyrically brilliant, but some of his stuff has aged terribly.  Doll By Doll hasn't, though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2013 at 10:44, FlyerTon said:

Not heard much from this band:

That was the bands first top 40 hit which entered the chart at no. 35 in July 1989.

Their biggest hit was in the summer of 1994 a cover of the Cameo song 'Word Up'

Live vocal performance of that on the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAyXu6sWdOY&hd=1

singer that replaced mark rankin was the guy from thunder

Trying to remember the names of some of the bands I saw at the original 13th note when plenty of bands played downstairs: Lungleg, The Poison Sisters, Pink Kross, Spacehopper. Others like The Delgados, Mogwai and Urusei Yatsura got various levels of success.  Not sure if all of them were at the 13th note but most probably were. Pick of the bunch live for me were Spacehopper. I also remember seeing one serious pile of dugmeat at the 13th note - some mob called Par Cark. An art school band with their heads right up their arses, with one of the most pretentious audiences I've ever seen.

20 hours ago, RockMusic said:

Does anyone remember a truly appalling band from the mid-80s attempting heavy rock called Glasgow? Absolute dugmeat.

Fairly sure I saw them play the Burns Bar in Falkirk. Bringing them back for a second gig was a bit optimistic. I don't remember them being total rubbish but the Burns Bar wasn't the right venue for heavy rock - too wee, low ceiling. I didn't return for the second gig. Actually just called a friend - agrees they were rubbish. Rab Noakes played a blinder of a set there.

Trying to remember the names of some of the bands I saw at the original 13th note when plenty of bands played downstairs: Lungleg, The Poison Sisters, Pink Kross, Spacehopper. Others like The Delgados, Mogwai and Urusei Yatsura got various levels of success.  Not sure if all of them were at the 13th note but most probably were. Pick of the bunch live for me were Spacehopper. I also remember seeing one serious pile of dugmeat at the 13th note - some mob called Par Cark. An art school band with their heads right up their arses, with one of the most pretentious audiences I've ever seen.
I love The Delgados, went to see Arab Strap at the barrowlands in 2016 got a beer and turned round to see Emma, Stewart and Paul strolling towards me, almost went full on fan boy but managed to keep it together

On 2/7/2019 at 17:28, stevieKTID said:
On 2/6/2019 at 16:16, RockMusic said:

I love The Delgados, went to see Arab Strap at the barrowlands in 2016 got a beer and turned round to see Emma, Stewart and Paul strolling towards me, almost went full on fan boy but managed to keep it together

Only time that happened to me was when I spoke to Kim Deal outside a Breeders gig in London. I couldn't help myself but ask a ridiculous question: " has the new album been mixed?". It still makes me cringe to this day. You know the way it is, though: like attempting a conversation with your school crush - cue utter bollocks.

• 2 weeks later...