Forgotten scottish bands

tongue_tied_danny

Albaroots - Scottish reggae band. Saw them backing Toots and the Maytals years ago.

The River Detectives - Motherwell's finest (apparently)

Miss the Occupier - saw them supporting The Fall and thought they were destined for some success but never seemed to happen for them.

Edited by Suspect Device

Remember the Dialectics? I might be spelling that wrong as I am sure they may have played around with it. Parky was a real face on the Glasgow punk scene, I read somewhere he had died which is not surprising but would be nice if it was wrong.

On 16/12/2018 at 23:04, BillyAnchor said:

Remember the Dialectics? I might be spelling that wrong as I am sure they may have played around with it. Parky was a real face on the Glasgow punk scene, I read somewhere he had died which is not surprising but would be nice if it was wrong.

I saw them supporting Crass at Bearsden town hall. He had a band called the Noize Boyz, or something similar. I'm sure I seen them elsewhere as well. Park went out with a girl I know. He was a bit of an arse, not heard if he's dead though. You might be thinking of Animal, another well known face. Well known for violence, he got done for murder and I seem to remember someone topped him at a later date.

In saying that, most of that crowd will be dead now.

I remember hunting a wee pest hanging about, he's Bobby Gillespie now.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I saw them supporting Crass at Bearsden town hall. He had a band called the Noize Boyz, or something similar. I'm sure I seen them elsewhere as well. Park went out with a girl I know. He was a bit of an arse, not heard if he's dead though. You might be thinking of Animal, another well known face. Well known for violence, he got done for murder and I seem to remember someone topped him at a later date.

In saying that, most of that crowd will be dead now.

I remember hunting a wee pest hanging about, he's Bobby Gillespie now.

I tried to go to that Crass gig but I didnt really believe it was happening and some neds outside Buchanan Street threatened us and just getting to the bus seemed too much work for what seemed like  a probably wasted trip anyway. I actually went to school with Animal, he lost the plot big time, him and his older brother were both Jags fans. I didnt know he had died but it seemed likely he wouldnt live to be much of an age. I read about Parky dying on a thread somewhere, thats all I know and could easily have been wrong. he was entertaining outside gigs begging and stuff.

21 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

I tried to go to that Crass gig but I didnt really believe it was happening and some neds outside Buchanan Street threatened us and just getting to the bus seemed too much work for what seemed like  a probably wasted trip anyway. I actually went to school with Animal, he lost the plot big time, him and his older brother were both Jags fans. I didnt know he had died but it seemed likely he wouldnt live to be much of an age. I read about Parky dying on a thread somewhere, thats all I know and could easily have been wrong. he was entertaining outside gigs begging and stuff.

Animal was more a demanding with menaces than a begging kind of guy. The members of Crass were never all on the stage at the same, the ones I met were all balloons and seemed very old. I missed the train and got lifted trying to hitch it home. Happy days!

Eta, looked it up, one of the old trout I was talking to was Vi Sub versa from another support band The Poison Girls, who is definitely dead, she wasn't far off it then.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

• 2 weeks later...
Saw loads of great Scottish bands around 95-2005 while living in Glasgow. Odeon beat club were one of the best. Anyone heard lonely tourist? Not many folk have written a song about an ex Livvy player to my knowledge

Aye. Paul is a fuckin cracking guy. One of life’s good guys. He’s got some belting tunes. Rattlin Around is brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

These bands are all from a distant past but good music lasts.

Cado Belle, soul/rock

Chou Pahrot, once seen never forgotten. Would out-Zappa Zappa. And Eggy Beard played violin.

Mid 80s Falkirk scene had Pastis 51. Also singer songwriter Snowy - a legend who cited musical differences for his stopping playing.

So many and quite a lot have been already mentioned and some not really forgotton to be honest!  Sorry my list will be a bit indie 90s/early 2000 mostly!

Aereogramme
Arab Strap
The Associates

BallBoy
Belle and Sebastian
The Beta Band

Camera Obscura
Close Lobsters

De Rosa
The Delgados

Frightened Rabbit

The Jesus and Mary Chain