The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

I've never seen someone post in so many riddles as he is doing right now.

Exactly how he likes it I'm guessing.

If he decided to back independence it would offer some reassurance for us. Nothing more and nothing less. It doesn't mean we're going to win but being backed by someone who doesn't want to look silly by getting it wrong would give us a boost.

Yeah tend to agree, I wonder if in his wee visits to various regions of Scotland he was trying to get a feel for how it was going before making his mind up. In making his mind up I don't mean coming out on either side he may just be happy to sit on the fence and take pot shots at BT which I think is more to his liking.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murdoch seems to be caught up in this anti- EU stuff going by his Tweets. Maybe not surprising after his recent meetings with Farage.

Maybe he's tried to lean on Salmond to have some anti-EU stance in an indy Scotland? Hopefully Salmond told him to do one and perhaps that's why he's went in a huff.

With only 3 days full campaigning I don't see the Sun intervention making a difference either for or against now

Not sure which one will be sweeter on Friday.

Westminster coming to terms with Independence. Or

The MSM coming to terms with the fact they are an irrelevance in Scotland and don't control or thinking.

I said to my wife last night that when we vote Yes on Thursday, I'm looking forward to tear stained strops from some quarters almost as much as the prospect of independence itsself.

I just had a rifle through the Sunday Mail at the inlaws. It was bordering on the side of being pro indy. Quite an open editorial and a great column by John Niven, I think his name was.

The author/former music exec?

Wouldn't mind reading this if it is the guy I'm thinking of.

Whatever the outcome, the post-vote seethe from the losing campaign's fanboys is going to be utterly glorious.

This is Mr Bairn-level chat and utterly, pathetically immature, whatever the outcome.

I said to my wife last night that when we vote Yes on Thursday, I'm looking forward to tear stained strops from some quarters almost as much as the prospect of independence itsself.

Glad you've finally seen the light :lol:

Murdoch's tweets strikes me that he is for Independence, but only on his terms, which are outside the EU and he'll take his ball home with him if it doesn't go his way.

The odious, sub-human shitebag can do one for all I care. His presence away from the Scottish media would be fucking refreshing.

Murdoch's tweets strikes me that he is for Independence, but only on his terms, which are outside the EU and he'll take his ball home with him if it doesn't go his way.

The odious, sub-human shitebag can do one for all I care. His presence away from the Scottish media would be fucking refreshing.

Yeah, I think he's up for sticking two fingers up at the establishment but doesn't much like the vision for an iScotland and will probably bide his time and go balls deep into UKIP in 2015.

daily mail today is seething at the thought.

Claiming scottish people on the NHS waitlist for lung liver heart transplants will be forced to the back of the queue.

Rehashing an old story that was refuted very quickly the first time they tried to peddle it.

Being entirely honest, the coverage of the No campaign hasn't got much coverage. Ruth Davidson and Dougie Alexander have been out on the streets and we haven't seen any pictures. The flipside is the Yes campaign who appear on practically every shot.

I accept that that'll get ripped apart but that's an observation

Being entirely honest, the coverage of the No campaign hasn't got much coverage. Ruth Davidson and Dougie Alexander have been out on the streets and we haven't seen any pictures. The flipside is the Yes campaign who appear on practically every shot.

I accept that that'll get ripped apart but that's an observation

That's it, you've lost it.

:lol:

Any last lingering iota of credibility = gone.

Being entirely honest, the coverage of the No campaign hasn't got much coverage.

I cannot believe you just said that, what are you on. Even David Cameron can tell better lies than that, you could have at least put a cheeky smiley after that comment. Don't you know the BBC has been under siege the last few months for their biased coverage, SKY has been wall to wall NO as has most of the media...why am I even justifying this..you are completely mad.

I was going to actually engage with you in some debate but that has completely shown me you are more blinkered than all the horses on the 2.30 at Chepstow

As I said that's from my observation. I have yet to see the No campaigning aside from the OO in Edinburgh at the weekend. I just don't think the coverage of the No campaigns in the streets have been that numerous and it seems to have focused more on the politicians like David Cameron etc.

That's not me saying it's showing any bias, just not enough of the No supporters

In fairness I haven't seen them either. 5 of them walked up our street last week. Stood about, wrote something down then walked off.

Tonight we had a woman come into the close, leave a pile of No pamphlets at the stairs then go.

Archived