The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Niall Ferguson on Newsnight now, saying Scotland will be like Belarus and an impoverished backwater totally unchallenged by Maitlis. All semblance of unbiased reporting out the window.

It's his opinion, and he was destroyed by that old guy. That last segment can in no way be described as biased reporting.

Newsnight seems to be under the impression the referendum is about Scotland v England.

That women talking "as a Brit living in Scotland" how she would feel uncomfortable living in Edinburgh if it's a yes vote, and couldn't imagine living on one island with 2 foreign states.

Nobody better show her a map of Ireland FFS

Newsnight seems to be under the impression the referendum is about Scotland v England.

That women talking "as a Brit living in Scotland" how she would feel uncomfortable living in Edinburgh if it's a yes vote, and couldn't imagine living on one island with 2 foreign states.

Nobody better show her a map of Ireland FFS

I loved that, a Brit living in Scotland.

This has been a complete and utter, shrieking meltdown by the London elite over the last 48 hours. I can't help but think they might be digging their own grave in terms of the campaign as the nature of the drivel coming out at the moment seems likely to get people's backs up more than swing opinion.

This has been a complete and utter, shrieking meltdown by the London elite over the last 48 hours. I can't help but think they might be digging their own grave in terms of the campaign as the nature of the drivel coming out at the moment seems likely to get people's backs up more than swing opinion.

We can only hope, and if anybody needs swayed then pointing out the hysterical bullshit that's happened in the past few days should be a good indicator of how piss-poor the no side is.

Unbelievable i could hardly believe what i was seeing last night.All the National UK News channels who normally barely seem to realise Scotland Exists devoted half their airtime to the Independence debate and all of course we got was panic stories about what might happen. if we dare to Vote YES.Then if that was not enough we saw leading politicians from all parties in Westminster coming out with all kind of apparent Goodies for us if we only say will say No.

Of course if Scotland does say NO then within a couple of weeks all the National News channels will of course forget we ever exist again and all these Westminster Politicians who say they love us will again probably never been seen North of the Border for months.

Perhaps even more amazing was that they chose to run with the stories of how all the big city financial markets,banks etc were in a panic as though they were the voice of reason,yet wasn't it these same serving greedy financial institutions,Brokers & Greedy Bankers that got us all into this huge mess of Debt in the First place.

The same Niall Ferguson who is a self confessed loving Thatcherite,who used to right for the right wing times ,who believes in the great era of British Colonialism and who argues it might have been better if we had let Germany win the first world war.

Why the man is just a paragon of virtues how can we not believe him lol

The Westminster elite are playing the same old games. For too long they've been used to getting people to vote the way they want via the politics of fear. I can see how this works if people have only a few weeks to decide, or have a high probability of not showing up to the voting booth. But people have had months and possibly as much as a couple of years to decide. Can't they see the old labour tactics have failed to work in the past two Holyrood elections?

I don't know if anyone else saw the paper review on Sky News last night? There were two guys, both of which were biased, obvs, but the wee guy on the left was so anti-independence and so biased he was visibly uncomfortable and looked on the verge of shouting the whole way through...

I don't know if anyone else saw the paper review on Sky News last night? There were two guys, both of which were biased, obvs, but the wee guy on the left was so anti-independence and so biased he was visibly uncomfortable and looked on the verge of shouting the whole way through...

Yip, saw that. Think he was the assistant editor of the Mirror. It still baffles me how ill informed the MSM are down south with what is actually going on up here. They still believe that this is some knee jerk decision that us Jocks are making in order to flick two fingers up at Westminster.

Archived