The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Master debating there.

:rolleyes:

Unless you're a blinkered No voter (which you probably are), then I can't see how anyone could say Marr was giving him Salmond an easy ride, or how it's a conspiracy theory that the BBC wants a No vote.

Missed it... What was marrs mistake?

He said "I think it will be difficult for Scotland to join the EU" giving the impression that he was expressing either his own opinion or the BBC's, which is obviously poor journalism and contrary to BBC trust guidelines.

Er, no. The people complaining about this shouldn't switch over somewhere else and ignore it since there's lots of undecideds who are watching the BBC thinking it's impartial and judging their opinion accordingly.

Hold on the undecided have in the last month have gone from the "battleground" to the "don't matter" apparently

If you have a complaint about the BBC complain to them, don't use this forum, remember 400 Rangers fans almost got Jim Spence sacked

Hold on the undecided have in the last month have gone from the "battleground" to the "don't matter" apparently

If you have a complaint about the BBC complain to them, don't use this forum, remember 400 Rangers fans almost got Jim Spence sacked

No they didn't. the BBC backed Spence

Unless you're a blinkered No voter (which you probably are), then I can't see how anyone could say Marr was giving him Salmond an easy ride, or how it's a conspiracy theory that the BBC wants a No vote.

See - you could have said this (much though I disagree with it) in your initial response, rather than post the generic and quite unexplanatory meme.

I have already explained earlier in the thread why I consider that Marr gave him an easy ride. A competent interviewer (Paxo, Jon Snow?) would have taken a lot more issue with what the FM was saying. Marr was too busy being side stepped, then flustered, then embarrassed.

As for presuming me to be "blinkered", if someone having a different opinion makes you call them blinkered, have fun with that.

The conspiracy stuff is always going to be raised as an allegation by No Voters when some commentators, particularly online, constantly cry "foul" and see a conspiracy in stuff like the choice of colour scheme of a TV studio set.

Yes the BBC had given him time off due to the abuse and threats, at no point was he suspended or under investigation

ok, I give up I was wrong

No, he never explains anything, he spouts then moves on to something else, he needs to be interviewed by either Paxman or Humphries, to try and get some proper answer from him, he is far to slippery for some interviewers

Like this from 2:10 in? embarrassing.

Like this from 2:10 in? embarrassing.

I raise you 1 Michael Howard, when the great man asked him the same question 27 times if my memory serves me right, as for above not his finest moment

He said "I think it will be difficult for Scotland to join the EU" giving the impression that he was expressing either his own opinion or the BBC's, which is obviously poor journalism and contrary to BBC trust guidelines.

Poor politics to lie about Plan F?

If only everyone at the BBC was as fair and balanced as this conducting interviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HWglFLW72c

Brillant

He didn't expect to be challenged. also note he says the "bus driver, checkout operators etc.." are the ones who decide will win the indy ref, and then tell us they how these people will be fucked if we vote yes.

Basically he was saying what every other Labour supporter has said when defending the union, which is

Vote No, Vote Labour, everything will be ok

• 2 weeks later...

Archived