The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

Does it, please provide a link or give me the section number that allows for a Scottish election to be called early.

If it is indeed impossible for an earlier election then I stand corrected. In which case post yes vote negotiations will take place without a mandate on either side, until the UK General Election in any case.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How will this work in accordance with the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011? Or should we delay all the processes and negotiations until after May 2016?

You can hold an early Scottish Parliament election under section 3 of the Scotland Act if 2/3 of the MSPs vote for it on a motion at Holyrood.

You can hold an early Scottish Parliament election under section 3 of the Scotland Act if 2/3 of the MSPs vote for it on a motion at Holyrood.

So it is not within the power of the SNP to achieve a mandate for negotiations after a Yes vote. Thanks for the confirmation.

Just watching Scotland Tonight. Is the SNP's position (should the chancellor announce that a currency union won't happen ) that they will just say nah you're lying?

He's not going to announce that though.

The narration on the Scotland's top ten battle grounds program currently on BBC2 is utterly despicable. Anyone who thinks BBC Scotland is biased towards the union really should watch this. I can't quite believe what I'm hearing.

What did it say?

What did it say?

Not very much about anything, I understand why he/she felt it was biased for YES, it was actually fairly balanced, in comparison to what he/she is used to that would make appear to be leaning to YES.

H_B, Reynard etc. are obviously never wrong about anything.

Ad Lib has criticised Reynard on a number of occasions.

He doesn't criticise me because I am always right.

He doesn't criticise me because I am always right.

We all know that. I also knew you'd respond to that comment with that response :lol:. To be fair he used to be quite vocal of his criticism of BT and so forth, their ridiculous press releases etc.. He's been quiet on that front for at least a couple of months now.

Odd that I've never seen you be "abusively critical" towards you unionist buddies.

I have been abusively critical towards Reynard on immigration laws. He's a total fanny on the EU.

H_B is almost never wrong. The Clown Collective are almost always wrong.

Archived