The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

Thats shite though you're just talking pish, we will be in Europe guaranteed and if we stay in the UK we will not, so your question regarding that is nonsense, the oil will run out either way except in the UK we get nothing for it independent we do, you don't have valid questions you have prejudice is all.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats cause you're an idiot. It is guaranteed, its not guaranteed that the UK will, given the current govt is promising a referendum on it in the next parliament and half the country are xenophobes. My degree is International Relations, trust me, its guaranteed, Hungary and Bulgaria are getting in, they would literally suck us off to get us in the EU.

No affluent country has applied to join the EU in decades, believe me they would genuinely suck each and every one of us off to get us in, it is the most open and shut case imaginable, no possibility whatsoever of us being denied entry. It is possible the UK will leave though.

Thats cause you're an idiot. It is guaranteed, its not guaranteed that the UK will, given the current govt is promising a referendum on it in the next parliament and half the country are xenophobes. My degree is International Relations, trust me, its guaranteed, Hungary and Bulgaria are getting in, they would literally suck us off to get us in the EU.

Had to laugh at you having a degree in relations given your opening line. Wee bit of advice; if you are trying to persuade someone they are wrong then abuse is not the answer

Had to laugh at you having a degree in relations given your opening line. Wee bit of advice; if you are trying to persuade someone they are wrong then abuse is not the answer

Tubes like that don't want convinced they want to justify their prejudice, and my degree is entirely relevant to this

How is it guaranteed we will be on Europe, I've read nothing so far that offers that as a guarantee.

If you hadn't noticed, YOU ARE ALREADY AN EU CITIZEN.

Now, where is the precedent for removing EU citizens from the EU? Which of the treaties governing the EU allows for existing EU citizens to have their country removed from membership?

What countrys leadership Is going to say, "Scotland, you have the largest oil reserves in the EU, have the biggest potential for renewable energy, the best fishing grounds and will be a NET CONTRIBUTOR to the EU...sorry we dont want you"

:rolleyes:

Being an EU citizen currently as part of the UK has absolutely nothing to do with a fictional NewScotland applying for membership of the EU.

You d think the Nattards would have learnt something from their continual Sturgeon-esque humiliation on this topic.

Being an EU citizen currently as part of the UK has absolutely nothing to do with a fictional NewScotland applying for membership of the EU.

soooo, which treaty or precedent backs up your assumption?

What is it with you BritNats? Here you go again. Taking a point that someone else made and twisted it. You have been owned and humiliated on this point so many times its becoming a cliche.

You d think the Nattards would have learnt something from their continual Sturgeon-esque humiliation on this topic.

You obviously haven't learned that the referendum is about the ending of an agreement between two constituent parts of a member state. Nothing more, nothing less. That's all that is on the ballot paper. Both sides, would still remain within the EU.

You obviously haven't learned that the referendum is about the ending of an agreement between two constituent parts of a member state. Nothing more, nothing less. That's all that is on the ballot paper. Both sides, would still remain within the EU.

Wrong, on so many levels.

I take it you have read nothing about this. That's the only possible excuse for this post.

Thanks for keeping me right, I actually voted SNP at the last two Holyrood elections as I thought they were the best option of the parties available to vote for. I remain to be convinced that they have answers to some of the questions that are important to me on relation to the referendum, if they can answer those then my position may change. I fail to see how having a differing opinion makes someone a troll.

What questions?

Wrong, on so many levels.

I take it you have read nothing about this. That's the only possible excuse for this post.

Please elaborate and be very specific on each level.

What questions?

Please elaborate and be very specific on each level.

Read the Independence thread - this has been done to death there, and Ad Lib and I have destroyed the Sturgeon-failers at every juncture.

I have no intention of retyping my many posts on the subject of secession.

Or alternatively read Crawford and Boyle's legal analysis. Should you wish to actually be right about this.

Read the Independence thread - this has been done to death there, and Ad Lib and I have destroyed the Sturgeon-failers at every juncture.

I have no intention of retyping my many posts on the subject of secession.

Or alternatively read Crawford and Boyle's legal analysis. Should you wish to actually be right about this.

What a load of deferential pish.

The role of the media is simple, to report both sides without favour and I think on the whole they do that, I know that this thread is full of Yes voters, who will disagree with this, sounds like they are preparing their excuses already for their impending defeat, just saying

The role of the media is simple, to report both sides without favour and I think on the whole they do that, I know that this thread is full of Yes voters, who will disagree with this, sounds like they are preparing their excuses already for their impending defeat, just saying

ROFLMAO

ya dick!

They've been preparing the media excuse for some time now.

Something will be required when democracy fails them. Rather than actually accepting it's because the people here don't want Independence, it's easier to foist the blame elsewhere.

Archived