Ian Watkins

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure what his grounds for appeal are. A lot of these guys just do this on the off chance or for something to do.

I read not long ago that Roy Whiting, who is serving life for the murder of Sarah Payne, was stabbed in both eyes in Wakefield not long ago. His attacker (a double murderer) filed down the end of a toilet brush and used it to try and blind Whiting. He wasn't successful. I'm surprised that there hasn't been any inside stories about Watkins yet, you usually get some of these stories when a famous person goes inside. I understand that Wakefield has several segregation units, so he's probably been in there.

I'm not sure what his grounds for appeal are. A lot of these guys just do this on the off chance or for something to do.

I read not long ago that Roy Whiting, who is serving life for the murder of Sarah Payne, was stabbed in both eyes in Wakefield not long ago. His attacker (a double murderer) filed down the end of a toilet brush and used it to try and blind Whiting. He wasn't successful. I'm surprised that there hasn't been any inside stories about Watkins yet, you usually get some of these stories when a famous person goes inside. I understand that Wakefield has several segregation units, so he's probably been in there.

That has to be classed as a spectacular failure. How can you manage to stab a guys eyes and not blind him?

I'm not an expert on blindings but I'd imagine that it might be a bit trickier than you'd think. He'd be resisting or at least defending himself. You'd be time limited as he'd scream and shout to get the wardens. Getting an accurate shot in the eyes is also pretty difficult and you'd probably need to go at him a bit to permanently damage them.

I think the best way to go about blinding someone in this situation would be a sneak attack in his cell - a forceful blow to the back of the head, with an implement or a punch, and then when the victim is unconscious get to work. This is very difficult as I imagine someone like Whiting would constantly be on his guard. These things tend to be snap attacks - Ian Huntley had boiling water thrown over him and Mark Bridger was stabbedin the throat with a homemade kinife when they were moving about the wings, apparently.

I now sound a bit like a weirdo don't I?

Can't understand anyone (the Facebook Mafia primarily) who wants him to be killed in prison or be the first to try out the new form of Capital Punishment which is dreamt up the moronic element of our society to be honest. He probably wants to die, so the fitting punishment is for him to suffer through the 29 years in jail he was sentenced to. Ideally it would be longer and there's always the worry that he'll somehow get parole when he's eligible for it but that's the system at the moment unfortunately.

Archived