Paul McGowan - Worse than Hitler

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now's the time for the club to rally behind him and offer him the help and rehabilitation he needs. Starting with offering him a 3 year contract (on an affordable wage of course).

Yes, he's a fucking idiot and not for the first time. I think in the cold light of day, Paul will accept that himself and will have done since the Sunday morning in August he woke up in a police cell and not for the first time. However, he has given us as a club and a support, many, many fantastic memories and been an excellent servant. He's teetering on the edge of being classed as another talent who fucked it all up for himself. A strong network of other players, managers and a well wishing support might just help him knuckle down and realise how fucking cushy a number he has.

I for one, won't be turning on the guy. He'll still have my unwavering support as a St. Mirren player. If any 'holier than thou' types wish to take umbrage with it, well then that's tough shit.

Now's the time for the club to rally behind him and offer him the help and rehabilitation he needs. Starting with offering him a 3 year contract (on an affordable wage of course).

Yes, he's a fucking idiot and not for the first time. I think in the cold light of day, Paul will accept that himself and will have done since the Sunday morning in August he woke up in a police cell and not for the first time. However, he has given us as a club and a support, many, many fantastic memories and been an excellent servant. He's teetering on the edge of being classed as another talent who fucked it all up for himself. A strong network of other players, managers and a well wishing support might just help him knuckle down and realise how fucking cushy a number he has.

I for one, won't be turning on the guy. He'll still have my unwavering support as a St. Mirren player. If any 'holier than thou' types wish to take umbrage with it, well then that's tough shit.

Agree with this to be honest with you. He's made a c**t of it, and he might go to jail for a couple of months, but even if he does I'd rather stand by him and assist his rehabilitation. He'll pay the price for his actions at least, and hopefully think better of it next time.

Broadfoot was a first offence and wasn't a cop (was some guy in a long running family feud). Even then he only avoided the jail because Gus wrote a letter backing him and the sheriff told him he'd give him one last chance and it was up to him to choose between being a footballer or acting like the local hardman.

Did Broadfoot not knock absolute f**k out the guy though? He might have even hospitalised him. I don't think its quite the same as McGowan has done here.

Getting a new broomstick and rug for Christmas?

St murn and sellick two clubs, one big family.

Don't worry, you'll be reunited with your big brothers in the Championship next season :1eye

Well said. We should give him a five-year deal just to be extra supportive though.

Did Broadfoot not knock absolute f**k out the guy though? He might have even hospitalised him. I don't think its quite the same as McGowan has done here.

Think the guy needed a metal plate in his head. On the flip side though it wasn't a police officer and it was a first offence. Probably just about balances each other out.

McGowan is due a discount to whatever sentence he gets as he pled guilty. However, it'll be pretty minimal as I think today was the trial diet - pretty swift considering the offence took place in August and he only appeared in court last month. At least six months between a first court appearance and a trial in the courts down here and I would have thought Airdrie would be busier!

At least the Fuhrer could paint a bit

Aye he was handy with a roller. He would emulsion a three bedroom house in day. Two coats, 10 Schillings, cash in hand.

Ski jumping was his game though. They say he was good enough to represent Austria. Sadly for him he was caught knobbing the wife of one of the Selectors (when he was round papering the hallway) and that was it.

Apparently, his happy-go-lucky attitude to life changed after that.

The guy Broadfoot gave a doing to was also a guy pushing pensioner age, if I recall. Even more shocking than Gowser's IMO, as most people from inbreeding Ayrshire hotbeds like Drongan rarely live to see pensionable ages in the first place.

Archived