P&B Dead Pool 2014

Fuctifano

I don't go that far, but I do try to take mental notes during the year. By chance, I heard Steve Wright pay tribute to David Jacobs one day during the summer because it was his last day at Radio 2 (he was giving up due to ill health/old age) and I thought there's a pick for 2014. Genuinely gutted about six weeks later when I heard Jacobs had died, aged 87. Nobody had him this year, so he might have been a solo shot.

About the same time, I saw some documentary about the Falklands and there was footage of ex-BBC newsman John Cole. I thought he'd already died, but no, he was a possible. I've only just found out 10 minutes ago when I checked again that he died six weeks ago (I didn't notice at the time because I was doped up to the eyeballs on painkillers having broken my arm that week).

There is one other guy I've been saving most of the year. I hope he lasts until January 1

I did used to keep mental notes. Then guys started dying and I was like "shiiiiit I forgot to put him/her on my list!".

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree with this.With the millions the royal family have they can splash out on the very best healthcare available.prince Phillip has a few years yet imo.kirk Douglas on the other hand....

Kirk Douglas was in my first Dead Pool waaaaay back in something like Nineteen Canteen ... old folk have learned the knack of staying alive !!

I don't go that far, but I do try to take mental notes during the year. By chance, I heard Steve Wright pay tribute to David Jacobs one day during the summer because it was his last day at Radio 2 (he was giving up due to ill health/old age) and I thought there's a pick for 2014. Genuinely gutted about six weeks later when I heard Jacobs had died, aged 87. Nobody had him this year, so he might have been a solo shot.

About the same time, I saw some documentary about the Falklands and there was footage of ex-BBC newsman John Cole. I thought he'd already died, but no, he was a possible. I've only just found out 10 minutes ago when I checked again that he died six weeks ago (I didn't notice at the time because I was doped up to the eyeballs on painkillers having broken my arm that week).

There is one other guy I've been saving most of the year. I hope he lasts until January 1

I daresay everyone who keeps a spreadsheet already had to score out Ian Banks. It's the nature of the game I'm afraid.

My entry sent. (I suspect half of them are dead already but I'm sure I'll be corrected.

Surely to fcuk I can do better than 0 points, so I've revised a few entries, picked a few "likely's" and only gone for one "left-field" pick this time.......

daa, daa daa dada daaaaa , da da daah

All right corpse pickers, here the pick of the corpse

P+B hits of 2014

Jan
07/01/14 Run Run Shaw @ 106

11/01/14 Ariel Sharon @ 85

14/01/14 Mae Young @ 90

18/01/14 Dennis Frederiksen @ 62 -------awaiting qualifying obit.

27/01/14 Pete Seeger @ 94

Feb

02/02/14 Philip Seymour Hoffman @ 46

10/02/14 Shirley Temple @ 85

12/02/14 Sid Caeser @ 91

14/02/14 Tom Finney @ 91

23/02/14 Alice Herz Sommer @ 104

Mar

14/03/14 Tony Benn @ 88

list in OP updated- 45 in so far with over a week to go, think we can beat last year's 120 entries.

think I'm still missing a 15th name from both capybara and Ned Nederlander. Haven't had the chance to look through the entries to see if anyone I've not heard of is a valid pick. As a general rule "I've got terminal cancer, here's my blog" people are out, they needed to have been famous for something before they got ill.

Only picks disallowed so far are Rebecca Black (too young) and Ferenc Puskas (died in 2006).

list in OP updated- 45 in so far with over a week to go, think we can beat last year's 120 entries.

think I'm still missing a 15th name from both capybara and Ned Nederlander. Haven't had the chance to look through the entries to see if anyone I've not heard of is a valid pick. As a general rule "I've got terminal cancer, here's my blog" people are out, they needed to have been famous for something before they got ill.

Only picks disallowed so far are Rebecca Black (too young) and Ferenc Puskas (died in 2006).

Submitted thanks

Archived