P&B Dead Pool 2014

Fuctifano

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Psst, don't give advice to your competition.

December is all about keeping hush hush about folk.

These DP rookies have a lot to learn!

Why have people put teams in? 31st is the obvious time,

I know, I'm hanging fire until around the 30th before putting my team in.

These DP rookies have a lot to learn!

I know, I'm hanging fire until around the 30th before putting my team in.

I've not done this for a few years but I do remember spending ages making up previous lists only to end up with 15 entirely healthy living beings at the end of the year ... this year I spent about 15 minutes making up the list and one of them died about 20 minutes later !!

I've not done this for a few years but I do remember spending ages making up previous lists only to end up with 15 entirely healthy living beings at the end of the year ... this year I spent about 15 minutes making up the list and one of them died about 20 minutes later !!

True enough - there's always that danger of over thinking it and taking it too seriously... :ph34r:

Exactly, I can't be the only one who sends Fuctifano a list with substitutes listed on it.

I know it means I miss any last minute folk who take a turn for the worse in the last few days before the years up (like Chavez), but if I didn't submit early I'd probably forget. I keep my "deathsheet.xlsx" at work because that's where I do most of my research, with today being my last day of work.

Exactly, I can't be the only one who sends Fuctifano a list with substitutes listed on it.

I know it means I miss any last minute folk who take a turn for the worse in the last few days before the years up (like Chavez), but if I didn't submit early I'd probably forget. I keep my "deathsheet.xlsx" at work because that's where I do most of my research, with today being my last day of work.

See, that's fair enough. I keep my dead pool stuff at home so can dip in and out of it right up until the last day or two before the deadline.

I have to be guaranteed points after putting bruce forsyth down, old man surprises me

Bruce Forsyth will never die. He isn't human. He's a demon with a knife for dick and will be the bringer of the apocalypse. There I said it.

Bruce Forsyth will never die. He isn't human. He's a demon with a knife for dick and will be the bringer of the apocalypse. There I said it.

By bringer, do you mean he's going to introduce it?

"Ladies and Gentleman, you get nothing for a pair, not in this game. So please welcome to the floor the four horesemen of the apocalypse."

Since the beginning of the years I've had a file on my computer where I make a note of people who I see looking a bit ropey on TV or hear of somebody who is still alive who I though was dead or somebody famous who is ill terminally or otherwise.

I don't go that far, but I do try to take mental notes during the year. By chance, I heard Steve Wright pay tribute to David Jacobs one day during the summer because it was his last day at Radio 2 (he was giving up due to ill health/old age) and I thought there's a pick for 2014. Genuinely gutted about six weeks later when I heard Jacobs had died, aged 87. Nobody had him this year, so he might have been a solo shot.

About the same time, I saw some documentary about the Falklands and there was footage of ex-BBC newsman John Cole. I thought he'd already died, but no, he was a possible. I've only just found out 10 minutes ago when I checked again that he died six weeks ago (I didn't notice at the time because I was doped up to the eyeballs on painkillers having broken my arm that week).

There is one other guy I've been saving most of the year. I hope he lasts until January 1

Christ. I'd be as well submitting my list from last year, since I got a paltry one correct (Thatcher, the same as everyone else).

Not me. I left her out and it looks like costing me a place in the top five :barf

Archived