Wrestling Podcasts

Shuggie_Murray7

On 09/02/2021 at 07:58, bernardblack said:

I did and I can’t beeline how ill prepared Rogan was. Barely knew a thing about Taker or wrestling and just continued to make comparisons to MMA 

It was complete arrogance.

At the end when they were exchanging pleasantries and Taker invited Rogan to a Mania and he acted like he didn't want to. Fair enough it's not his thing but that was pretty disrespectful when he knew millions were watching. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Bischoff 83 Weeks on ‘The Big Bang’ is a really good listen from a business perspective. Can take or leave the pod most weeks but when it’s purely on that side of things it’s a really good listen. 

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

The Bischoff 83 Weeks on ‘The Big Bang’ is a really good listen from a business perspective. Can take or leave the pod most weeks but when it’s purely on that side of things it’s a really good listen. 

I'm half an hour in, and I agree with this. It's fascinating stuff.

I've actually got a subscription to those podcasts and the only one I'm not really enjoying is the Angle one. It's just kinda boring to me.

39 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

I've actually got a subscription to those podcasts and the only one I'm not really enjoying is the Angle one. It's just kinda boring to me.

It’s defo a slower pace with Kurt. I’m enjoying it, but I don’t think it’ll have the longevity of the other ones 

Edited by TheGoon

I think once he feels more comfortable with it he'll open up a bit more.

Have just listened to my first full Jim Cornette experience episode and it's utter dugshite. 3 hours of my life I'm never getting back. The guy Brian Last in particular is just the most insipid non entity imaginable and Corny just comes across as a complete cliché. 

Guest bernardblack

I’ve often wondered what Orton did when he was suspended after him vs Angle vs Rey. Conrad, this week, alluded that is was something that could have been a disaster. 

On 04/04/2021 at 17:29, Andre Drazen said:

On 04/04/2021 at 18:08, TheGoon said:

It’s defo a slower pace with Kurt. I’m enjoying it, but I don’t think it’ll have the longevity of the other ones 

I see Conrad has now added Jeff Jarrett to his portfolio of podcast hosts. That's one he's been wanting to get for a while now. Assuming he's willing to open up there should be a plethora of interesting stories and gems of information from the USWA and the territories, WWF/E, WCW and TNA/Impact/Global Force. 

I listen to all of his shows (apart from the Tony Schiavone one as I think that's a watch-along one and I just don't have the time for it) and I do enjoy them. The Bruce one should have been canned as soon as he went back to WWE full-time though, a marked decline in quality ever since. Having said that, he could easily be emptied as the next fall guy any time now and return to podcasting as his full-time gig again. 

I'm enjoying the Angle one too and think it will get better as he gets used to the format and to opening up. 83 Weeks was the same at first. Bischoff reticent to talk about certain things to the point where he'd actually get quite angry at Conrad and his line of questioning and it was awkward between the two of them, to now where, even though he has his moments, it's probably my favourite of the lot. 

Jarrett’s a good get. Been there and done it all. Really interested in TNA Fairgrounds/FS1 days stuff, some absolutely wild shit went down there that hasn’t really been properly covered. Looking forward to it   

Is there any decent weekly show review podcasts going about lads? Mainly WWE as that’s all I watch at the moment, just something that talks about RAW/Smackdown etc? Just for something to listen to when I’m out walking!
Solomonster Sounds Off is a decent weekly podcast released every Sunday evening. I'm sure I first heard about it from another poster in the early days of this thread. He is a bit smarky for his own good sometimes, but it's a good round up of the weekly news as well as Raw and Smackdown. He tends to keep his PPV and AEW reviews to a seperate podcast.

I'm also a big fan of Post Wrestling. It's run by top Canadian lads John Pollock and Wai Ting. They do seperate review podcasts for each show, although their Smackdown reviews are behind a Patreon paywall. A lot of their charm is down to their non-wrestling related chitchat.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to ask folks looking for some help on what podcasts to listen to. 

I started off listening to Jim Cornette I noticed he did 2 with one being “Drive Thru” and the other was “the Jim Cornette experience”. I like his brutal honesty of some of the pish that is served up these days but find him to talk a lot of shite for a lot of it too. 

Is there any good podcasts out there which isn’t afraid to be critical but isn’t filled with......well ranting garbage 

3 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

I started off listening to Jim Cornette I noticed he did 2 with one being “Drive Thru” and the other was “the Jim Cornette experience”. I like his brutal honesty of some of the pish that is served up these days but find him to talk a lot of shite for a lot of it too. 

Is there any good podcasts out there which isn’t afraid to be critical but isn’t filled with......well ranting garbage 

Try POST Wrestling. 

13 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

The Drive Thru is much better than the Experience as the host basically does a Q&A. The experience is garbage.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone asked before for examples of Bischoff talking shit. I heard just such a clip yesterday.

He basically claims that the original thought behind Hall and Nash coming over was that they wanted revenge for being booked like shit when they were previously in WCW. He was seriously claiming that when they appeared on Nitro folk were genuinely thinking that Vinnie Vegas and fucking Oz were pissed off, and not that Razor Ramon and Diesel were there to start a 'war', despite the fact that Hall did all the Razor mannerisms and even talked like him.

In fact, here it is:

Check the comments on the video too. Pretty much everyone is saying that Bischoff is talking pish.

Edited by DA Baracus