Wrestling Podcasts

Shuggie_Murray7

Decent?

Typical first episode affair really. Ross is a bit over keen with the sponsors although obviously he has to be. His introduction gives you nothing, so the first ten minutes are skipable. It picks up from there and it's a really good insight into the decision making that goes on with Wwe and it doesn't sound as mad as we all assume it to be. Interview with Austin is decent and I believe he's back next week as well. Ross is also planning on taking calls from fans throughout so there's always the potential of car crash listening too!

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it. Not as good as Austin's by a long way, but it's only the first episode and has a lot of potential in my opinion. Well worth a listen.

Typical first episode affair really. Ross is a bit over keen with the sponsors although obviously he has to be. His introduction gives you nothing, so the first ten minutes are skipable. It picks up from there and it's a really good insight into the decision making that goes on with Wwe and it doesn't sound as mad as we all assume it to be. Interview with Austin is decent and I believe he's back next week as well. Ross is also planning on taking calls from fans throughout so there's always the potential of car crash listening too!

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it. Not as good as Austin's by a long way, but it's only the first episode and has a lot of potential in my opinion. Well worth a listen.

Cheers mate, your right Austins is class. Jericho's is good too!

Reading that the WWE may be getting into the podcast business themselves after seeing the success individual wrestlers have had doing it.

There's a Wrestlemania podcast already on the go presented by Renee Young. Shawn Michaels was on the first episode and I think Edge is on the 2nd one.

Listen to Colts,Austins,just subscribed to JRs but my favorite is the Big Wrestle Shark where they cover most recent stuff from wwe and tna but focus on ICW and British wrestling as the team that host it all work for ICW,I got introduced to it through my friend Louise who is on it. The last 2 have had Renfrew as a guest,they're usually funny as hell but he takes it to a whole new level,naturally funny guy.

Renfrew also has a habit of singing wrestlers entrance music. Both are hilarious and if you've not heard these before I seriously recommend you listen to them asap.

First one was done a while back on an old wrestling show and the 2nd and the newest one was only done last week on the big wrestle shark.

First one: Bret Hart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqofMp1o344

Second one: Ultimate Warrior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbbOZ634dOI

Edited by LanarkshireLion

• 4 weeks later...

Listen to Colts,Austins,just subscribed to JRs but my favorite is the Big Wrestle Shark where they cover most recent stuff from wwe and tna but focus on ICW and British wrestling as the team that host it all work for ICW,I got introduced to it through my friend Louise who is on it. The last 2 have had Renfrew as a guest,they're usually funny as hell but he takes it to a whole new level,naturally funny guy.

Renfrew also has a habit of singing wrestlers entrance music. Both are hilarious and if you've not heard these before I seriously recommend you listen to them asap.

First one was done a while back on an old wrestling show and the 2nd and the newest one was only done last week on the big wrestle shark.

First one: Bret Hart.

Second one: Ultimate Warrior.

the warrior one is excellent.

Steven Regal is great on the two podcasts with Austin.

I'm pleased that he's still involved with WWE in some capacity. Younger wrestlers could learn so much from him.

I also like that he's got no problems in naming people he didn't like or get on with, when mentioning his time in wcw he travelled with Austin, Pillman, stuck around with those guys and Benoit etc. Then mentions that Bagwell and Marc Mero (Johnny b Badd) where more interested in getting tanned and eating egg whites than wrestling.

• 2 months later...
What did he say?

Basically said that there is absolutely no blame on him, the Styles Clash is in no way dangerous, Lionheart was inexperienced amd that's how it happened and even claimed that when the same thing happened to Roderick Strong that Strong intentionally fucked his own neck up to make it look better.

Basically said that there is absolutely no blame on him, the Styles Clash is in no way dangerous, Lionheart was inexperienced amd that's how it happened and even claimed that when the same thing happened to Roderick Strong that Strong intentionally fucked his own neck up to make it look better.

I think he's spot on with the Lionheart stuff. Both of them have tucked their chin in because it's a natural thing to do, but they're wrong to do so.

It's probably not the safest but I think it's worse when he does it to bigger people because they've got less room.

It's not his fault though.

The Strong comment is ludicrous though.

I think he's spot on with the Lionheart stuff. Both of them have tucked their chin in because it's a natural thing to do, but they're wrong to do so.

It's probably not the safest but I think it's worse when he does it to bigger people because they've got less room.

It's not his fault though.

The Strong comment is ludicrous though.

At no point has Lionheart blamed Styles, he has taken full responsibility that he made a mistake. Styles wasn't asked about it on the podcast...he went out of his way and randomly brought it up.

Lionheart is certainly not inexperienced and the fact that several guys have taken this bump in this way tells you that it is dangerous.

AJ said he had no idea Lionheart tucked his head until he was in the locker room afterwards....well by all accounts he knew immediately and at one point yelled to the crowd something like "Breaking necks and cashing cheques, that's what I do". Now obviously he doesn't really mean that, he's in character. But he 100% knew Lionheart tucked.

Just because you tell everyone your move isn't dangerous doesn't mean it's true. The fact that several guys have tucked and a few have been badly hurt tells you it is dangerous.

AJ Styles also said that Lionheart was a rookie. A guy that's been around for 12 years, faced all sorts of top indy guys, some former TNA/WWE guys, taken all sorts of big moves and come out the other side fine.

Rookie. f**k that.

He mocked Lionheart right after btw, doing a wee neck tuck and laughing. He's not a class act. His rampant homophobia in the past was the main clue before now. It seems that a lot of people are just finding this out.

• 1 month later...