The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

7 /10 for Friday.. Fine end to the week quelle surprise.. Knew the moon question due to helping my 9 year old sons do his space homework.  Think need to spend more team reading his encyclopedia, if only it had a section on obscure Australian sports.

Edited by The Captain
Additional material.

1 hour ago, Christophe said:

An 8 on Friday for a cracking weeks innings! Back to back promotions by my scoring, justifies my decision to send the reserves out in the Mickey Mouse Cup! ;)

Well done. There's a good chance you could win the three leagues in your first three weeks of playing with the scores you're achieving.

Has anyone done this since the quiz leagues started @Cardinal Richelieu? or is Christophe in with a shout of being the first one to do it?

3 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Well done. There's a good chance you could win the three leagues in your first three weeks of playing with the scores you're achieving.

Has anyone done this since the quiz leagues started @Cardinal Richelieu? or is Christophe in with a shout of being the first one to do it?

Wow. It's happening! 

AP_18163043466325.1528765924.jpg

14 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

No idea mate! My records aren't that extensive (although I've got 250 odd spreadsheets dating back over the years if you want to pore over them!)

Sorry for the reddie earlier on. Couldn't resist :)

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

No idea mate! My records aren't that extensive (although I've got 250 odd spreadsheets dating back over the years if you want to pore over them!)

Sorry for the reddie earlier on. Couldn't resist :)

I know that is protocol when someone mentions dots. :lol:

ffs, done it again. Reds incoming.

Edited by LincolnHearts

On 19/09/2016 at 10:44, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Total

Peasy

Edmund

Jagfox99

WhiteRoseKillie

Cardinal Richelieu

Dee_62

G_Man1985

Bully di Villa

Ross.

Well it's only Monday, and things are hotting up already, with Peasy taking a lead - followed by Edmund who has the distinct advantage of living in Australia, and Ross bringing up the rear... deservedly so for having a full stop at the end of his username. 

Lincoln's post inspired me to have a flick through the archives, and I noticed that yesterday was the two year anniversary of the first ever league table. I started in fine form, as you can see. 

Belated Happy Birthday, Quiz League. :cake

59 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

THANK YOU!

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Total

Peasy

Edmund

Jagfox99

WhiteRoseKillie

Cardinal Richelieu

Dee_62

G_Man1985

Bully di Villa

Ross.

Well it's only Monday, and things are hotting up already, with Peasy taking a lead - followed by Edmund who has the distinct advantage of living in Australia, and Ross bringing up the rear... deservedly so for having a full stop at the end of his username. 

While the production values have certainly improved, it's nice to see some things haven't changed, like me denouncing Ross. for that ridiculous full stop in his name. 

And I owe Peasy23 an apology. I had no idea he was one of the founding members of the league - probably cos I always imagine him as a double act with Pleslie99 (and secretly thinking they were one and the same person).

I did have to wipe a small tear from my eye that there's only 5 of us founding members left and it's only ever going to decrease.  Like those pictures of old WWII codgers standing with his regiment on Remembrance Day every year until there's only one of them left.