The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

8 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:
20 minutes ago, Helpma said:
Please tell me you're joking :unsure2:

And in other news, 7/10 for Thursday, including 5 outright guesses, only three of which were wrong.  So at least the maths works out.

No. It was Celebrity Eggheads and he was on a team with Pat Nevin, Perry Groves, Matt Elliot and a woman who I didn't recognise but assume was a player. Bonner and Elliot in the final. They lost, in case anyone was wondering.

I only caught the end of it but Matt Elliot had won the sport category so can only assume Bonner got a bye to the final.

Typical eh? 

So, with the latest pair of matches upon us, we stand on the brink of history, with Lincoln's Lions just 1. 5 points from victory. 
MSU is first up for the Lions. He's a former eleven-times League Champion. Which is only eleven more than Alloa. He's unbeaten thus far in the quiz and slams home another eight. Lincoln's Lads showing no sign of easing up. 
Cardinal Richelieu has developed something of a reputation as the George Best of quizzing. Not because he's much good, more because he seems to spend an inordinate amount of time on the piss. He looks up from his barstool to send over a, probably, half-sozzled five. It's another point for the Lions. 
Caspian Chris could be the Arab of the Hour. And talking of Arabs, if any Qatari sheikhs are reading this, I'm open to you hosting the next edition of this cup in exchange for a large briefcase full of cash.  Sorry, distracted. Seven. Will it be enough? 
blackislekillie still doesn't want to PM me. I'm starting to take it personally [emoji20]. Luckily I was able to find his score on the "Quizyourfriendsandborderlinealcoholicstrangersfromtheinternet" website. He needs an eight to keep the match alive, or a seven to at least halve the point and go down fighting. No such luck... six! 
Lincoln's Lions gather round and lift Caspian Chris on their shoulders. Then, remembering Steve Morrow, they put him down again, safely. It's 17.5-8.5. They've done it! They'll be dotting in the streets of Lincoln! LINCOLN'S LIONS HAVE WON THE DOTTING INVINCIBLES CUP OF KINGS! 
Before the formality of the trophy presentation, there is still the small matter of the remaining singles to be played. Will the Lions continue to steamroller the opposition, or can the Crusaders salvage some pride? You'll find out tomorrow, so long as nobody ruins my plans by giving me any work to do. 
I achieved 2.5 of my teams measly 8.5 points. I am proud of that. The rest of my so called "team" can go drown in the river