The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

16 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Another couple of Dotting Invincibles Cup of Kings scores... 

Tynierose does his fellow Hearts fan Lincoln proud, again, with a seven. 

Scotfree needs a big score to compete with that but, in typical Aberdeen style, he's bottled it under pressure. No score submitted. Nil. Nada. Zero. Nuffink. Let's all take a moment to boo Scotfree. Booooooo. Hiss. Bet he feels bad now. 

Will the Lions stumble as they approach the line? Not if Salvo Montalbano's score is anything to go by... seven. 

Crusaders need a big score from BigBo10. The score at the end of his username would be ideal. But no, alas, it's a six. 

The Lions move to 3.5 points away from lifting the title. They could win it with a day to spare, just imagine the humiliation :unsure:. It's LINCOLN'S LIONS 13.5 CHRISTOPHE'S CRUSADERS 7.5.

sad the office GIF

16 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Okay, before starting on today's scores, reminder to those playing tomorrow to get their scores in, please. 

@Audaces Fortuna Juvat and @wastecoatwilly, need your scores by 2pm tomorrow, please.

Link.

Left my score on the scoreboard as AFJ mate - it really wasn't worth posting. To put it another way, I had a fookin' mare.

A reminder of the state of play overnight. The Lions lead 13.5-7.5, and are just 3.5 away from the title. With five matches to be played today, can the Lions win the title with a day to spare, or can the Crusaders stage the greatest comeback since Lazarus won the 35 AD World Snooker Championship? 

Ziggy has managed a five and a six thus far and he continues his role as the steady, water-carrier of the Lions as he produces another solid but unspectacular score with a six. Which is, coincidentally, the same number of goals that Queen's Park will be conceding on October 6th. :P

JamesP_81 needs to produce better than his league form where he is currently, embarrassingly, only one place above me. He falls just short though with a five. 

The Captain, as stated previously, isn't the captain. That hasn't stopped him from donning a full kit, John Terry-style, ready to snatch the trophy from his leader's grasp. He also snatches a five in this round.

Dyl simply has to, ahem, Dyl-iver for his team. Sadly he can only post a four as the Crusaders are unable to stamp their authority with a first-class performance. That's probably enough delivery-based puns. Let's address the next match (definitely enough now). 

Adam101, or Adam104 as the cool people are calling him, is next up for the Lions. It's a six!

Is pleslie99 ninety-nine? Was he born in ninety-nine? Or does he just really like ice cream? We may never know. But we do know... that he's notched up an eight in this round. Yes, that's right! THE CRUSADERS HAVE WON A POINT! 

So, after that latest batch of quiz-based shenanigans, the Lions have moved to 1.5 points from victory, but the Crusaders do, at least, have another point on the board. It's LINCOLN'S LIONS 15.5 CHRISTOPHE'S CRUSADERS 8.5.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

And I've just noticed that site has a "view scoreboard" option, so I needn't have wasted my time doing each quiz about eight times each just to check if there were any more scores... 

Oh well, it was only work's time that I wasted. 

Glad to see I'm not the only technophobe here. (And I'm probably a lot older than B W V...)