The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Another couple of results are in. I confess, I'm running out of witty asides to add. Something something Cardinal something something spreadsheets something something hilarity ensues. 

Helpma and NJ2 managed seven each, with Lincoln Hearts taking the brave decision to split up the Helpma/MSU dream team from Round One. 

Audaces Fortuna Juvat has spent the week on the piss in Norn Iron, and appears to have neglected his quizzing training as he posts a five. LeedsSaint has it all to do, but, much like Leeds United from October onwards, every season, he fails to deliver. Six. 

It's another game for Lincoln's Lions, 14-11.

MSU was among the stars of the opening doubles, but the platitudes appear to have gone to his head as he posts a mediocre six. wastecoatwilly still hasn't mastered the PM function, but he has gained sufficient mastery of Ancient History, young people's music and obscure African capitals to post a seven. 

alang1993 takes a break from Div's hot tub to post a seven. All on gkneil, then. A seven would win it, five hands the advantage to the Lions. This is just too exciting... it's a six! 

This one is all square. Thirteen-all. 

The Lions continue their impressive Second Round, but it is still relatively early days (or "doors", as I would say if I had an IQ the same as a bowl of soup or  a nightclub bouncer). LINCOLN'S LIONS 7.5 CHRISTOPHE'S CRUSADERS 5.5.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I've just finished my work and don't have to back to work until Monday 08:00. I always work weekends.
However as I take this thread very seriously I will take a few minutes of my own time to do the playoff.
#dedicated[emoji6]

Here's the missing scores:

• Premiership: Tynierose, Salvo, gnekil (all Friday)
  • SWL: CaspianChris, Ross.(both Friday)
  • BHL: wastecoatwilly (Fri), Adam101 (Thu-Fri), Dyl (all week), Alang1993 (Tuesday and Friday wtf?!)

Scores in by lunchtime tomorrow please. 

• BHL: wastecoatwilly (Fri), Adam101 (Thu-Fri), Dyl (all week), Alang1993 (Tuesday and Friday wtf?!)
I like to have my lunch at 11:30 in respect to the local monks (don't eat after noon). Some like wonder on and have lunch at 14:00.
A leader should always have his flock ready at precise times. Otherwise, hearing cats is your option only.

8 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I like to have my lunch at 11:30 in respect to the local monks (don't eat after noon). Some like wonder on and have lunch at 14:00.
A leader should always have his flock ready at precise times. Otherwise, hearing cats is your option only.

I'm a busy Cardinal. My flock is very needy! So all I can do is give an approximate window.  11am - 1pm!

I'm a busy Cardinal. My flock is very needy! So all I can do is give an approximate window.  11am - 1pm!
Slightly better. I would give high noon. Clint Eastwid style. Canny go wrong with that. Flock & Heards were just used as a metaphor of you're incapacity of becoming a real hero.
PS. I'm on the booze

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'm off work Monday so after today unlikely I'll be arsed to do any updates before Tuesday. 

So if any of the following want to send their scores over today, before 4pm, that would be lovely. :)

@wastecoatwilly, @Adam101, @Eednud, @Dyl, @Audaces Fortuna Juvat, @cowden0

Ill get on it tonight, your quiz site is banned at work :(

3 for Thursday and a slightly improved 6 for Friday

Ill get on it tonight, your quiz site is banned at work [emoji20]

3 for Thursday and a slightly improved 6 for Friday
If you could PM your working office wantabees. I'll get it sorted. No fee, We win. Its what I do.
#dedicated

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

For some reason I thought I had submitted my score last night but obviously that was not the case.

Very well Friday 8/10 to end a very good week.

9 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

5/10 for Friday.

Right, you've had enough time. Poor Edmund is chomping at the bit to be awarded his winner's gong. 

And they will indeed be dancing on the streets of Erinsborough, as Edmund overcomes adversity and his many many critics to scoop his first ever golden medal. His blood is most certainly worth bottling. In the end he romped it by 4 points over the closest contender, the District Attorney. At the other end, gkneil and Tynierose are relegated cos of laziness (Tynierose boasting on the other thread about having a cleaner is proof positive of this). Scotfree is in the play-offs. 

image.png.25d8a960aedc8189b28282a8479bdbaf.png

In the SWL, CaspianChris wins Azerbaijan's first ever P+B league silver level (Azerbaijan are in my bad books after shafting my coupon and failing to beat Kosovo last night). AFJ is promoted on QD, and Leeds Saint is in the play-offs. 

And look at how tight it is at the other end... with 4 teams on 31 points. Sadly, due to rules that I invented, I'm relegated, and JamesP_81 (who was dreaming of back-to-back promotions, is instead in the play-offs fighting to avoid relegation to the seaside league).

image.png.eea7a8a0fd0abd6c2bb9f9491e9835e7.png

And in the BHL, congrats to BWV, who ensures that all this season's winners have taken their trophy outside Scotland (I appreciate CaspianChris actually lives in Scotland again, but with a name like that ...) ... Helpma and LincolnHearts' nemesis Christophe can't be separated ... so they'll need to do the play-offs as well. It's actually a buggers muddle when this sort of thing happens, but luckily I don't have to worry about it, because it's over to Mr Playoff himself, @SlipperyP to do the honours.