The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

So it's time for your league tables and the answer to the hottest competition question ... identify your favourite Cardinal from P+B. We're also moving to a new 10,10,10ish league format, so it really is all happening. 

Anyway, leagues first. In the interests of fairness, there will still be one promotion / relegation in each league. There will no play-offs since SlipperyP has bigger fish to fry ... therefore, from the Premiership / SWL, 3 go down and 1 comes up.   edit: Just realised that doesn't work. Oh well... it'll all sort itself out. 

Well done to MSU in the Premiership. 8 titles an achievement. AFJ gets his 11th 2nd which is also an achievement, although not such a good one. Salvo is AWOL, I'm in the relegation spot ... and, Christ, that's three people in the running for the other relegation spot. This is going to be a bugger's muddle to sort out. More on that in a moment. 

image.png.96b8059e5aa9e446c30e0d6cc574d42d.png

In the SWL, well done to Tyniepenis who gets a medal. And only he gets promoted. Nae joy to Welshbairn, but serves you right for commenting on a bird's norks. Same rules here ... so Ross, BWV and Ziggy all descend. 

image.png.b87d404b483cfbdc6b775ab781ce2562.png

And in the sorry looking soon-to-be-revamped, BHL, SlipperyP has every right to feel diddled as he is misses out on promotion. Leeds Saint is up though. Might have to cull those names if they don't appear next week  (apart from The_Kincardine ... every league needs a strong Rangers Kincardine). 

Bonus question answer to follow ... 

image.png

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

So, your bonus question was .. which one am I in this picture?

Series46finalists.jpg&key=724529b2be2249

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

image.png.7cd6c71ce7eff8a675a053082306a435.png

12 hours ago, MSU said:

I'd agree with this. The Cardinal has always struck me as the sort of man whose hairline would be above the middle of the Countdown clock.

12 hours ago, NJ2 said:

The chap next to big easy that’s been guessed, him with the indie band haircut that looks quite out of place.

11 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

f**k it im a gambler.....
I'll guess the one with luscious locks (in comparison to the others) the liam gallagher lookalike to the left of the cloc

11 hours ago, Helpma said:

His Eminence is clearly the good looking one, nothing more needs to be said imo.

8 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

He's clearly the one on the left fingerblasting Dent.

The correct answer is, of course, none of them. That's quite obviously the last 8  which I never reached. The fact that Barry Norman isn't in the picture should have been a clue... plus the fact that there is all the Xmas decorations that coincided with the season's finales. Welshbairn, MSU, NJ2, pleslie99 and Helpma (who didn't actually identify a specific person but nobody likes a crawler) are all relegated to the basement league. By happy coincidence, it means I retain my Premiership status. 

So  next season, the league tables will be as follows:

Premiershit

• Audaces Fortuna Juvat
  • DublinMagyar
  • Cowden0
  • The DA
  • Peasy23
  • Scotfree
  • Tyniedick
  • German Jag
  • Cardinal Richelieu 
  • Salvo Mantalbano

SWL

• Edmund
  • blackislekillie
  • LincolnHearts
  • gkneil 
  • Alang1993
  • Leeds Saint
  • Ross.
  • Ziggy
  • SlipperyP
  • The Captain

BHL

• Helpma
  • pleslie99
  • NJ2
  • Welshbairn
  • MSU 
  • CaspianChris
  • wastecoatwilly
  • Jacksgranda
  • ArmadaleKillie
  • The_Kincardine
  • BigBo10
  • Dyl
  • Aidan

I can't imagine anyone will have any complaints about this, but just in case, I'm going into hiding. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

So, your bonus question was .. which one am I in this picture?
Series46finalists.jpg&key=724529b2be2249f040e5fad479c651de53bd236d328ee6f93299109602bb0f15
The correct answer is, of course, none of them. That's quite obviously the last 8  which I never reached. The fact that Barry Norman isn't in the picture should have been a clue... plus the fact that there is all the Xmas decorations that coincided with the season's finales. Welshbairn, MSU, NJ2, pleslie99 and Helpma (who didn't actually identify a specific person but nobody likes a crawler) are all relegated to the basement league. By happy coincidence, it means I retain my Premiership status. 
So  next season, the league tables will be as follows:
Premiershit
  • Audaces Fortuna Juvat
  • DublinMagyar
  • Cowden0
  • The DA
  • Peasy23
  • Scotfree
  • Tyniedick
  • German Jag
  • Cardinal Richelieu 
  • Salvo Mantalbano
SWL
  • Edmund
  • blackislekillie
  • LincolnHearts
  • gkneil 
  • Alang1993
  • Leeds Saint
  • Ross.
  • Ziggy
  • SlipperyP
  • The Captain
BHL
  • Helpma
  • pleslie99
  • NJ2
  • Welshbairn
  • MSU 
  • CaspianChris
  • wastecoatwilly
  • Jacksgranda
  • ArmadaleKillie
  • The_Kincardine
  • BigBo10
  • Dyl
  • Aidan
I can't imagine anyone will have any complaints about this, but just in case, I'm going into hiding. 
More corrupt than fifa this. Ah well everyone likes a promotion attempt. No fun in the top league

4 hours ago, Eednud said:

SUPERLEAGUE my arse. Worse than Blatter and Platini. Fair dinkum you'd think this was run by a bunch of drongoes let alone a flaming galah. 

No wonder I have problems with the Aussie questions.