The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I wonder if there are any quizzes out there that are the traditional 10 question GK format, but with a format whereby if you get a question right you get a point, if you pass you get none, and if you guess and get it wrong, you get -1 mark. That would certainly sort the men from the boys. We'd definitely have people posting negative scores. 

Stop looking at me!

14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Stop looking at me!

I might actually do it for next week. It won't make a difference if I do it for everyone. Assuming everyone does every question, a score of 5 would be 0. 

Btw, @DublinMagyar - think I'm missing your score for Thursday (I appreciate you're caught up in world cup fever)

Speaking of the QWC2018 it’s only bloody final announcement day! The final is between Ellan Vannin (afj) and Poland (salvo).
The questions will be posted later. Result depends on when Salvo can peel his lazy arse off a sun lounger, put down his pint and get answers in. I’m expecting Ellan Vannin will have a prompt response.
But to recap, it’s bloody QWC2018 final day!

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I might actually do it for next week. It won't make a difference if I do it for everyone. Assuming everyone does every question, a score of 5 would be 0.

That's a false assumption, as it assumes everyone will guess when they don't know.

If you really have no idea you would be better of not guessing than risking losing a point on a one-in-four chance.

I'm happy to submit my actual score out of ten, then reveal how many I would have really risked to get my adjusted score. Be a pain in the arse getting everyone to do the same and administering it though, I would have thought.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Btw, [mention=51151]DublinMagyar[/mention] - think I'm missing your score for Thursday (I appreciate you're caught up in world cup fever)
Apologies, forgot to post. 6 Thursday

And here's the roll-call for missing teams

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

I’m glad the final has pulled a big attendance. The hard work of the group stages feel somewhat validated now.
Again credit to Cardi and his stand ins who must go through that daily/weekly [emoji106]