The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

And the results of your play-offs. I asked the world record time for the mile on a space hopper. The answer was exactly 13 minutes. And here's the weirdo who holds the current record...

Fastest-mile-on-a-space-hopper-2010-2.jp

As usual, I got some varied and rather wild guesses, although none of them were as ridiculous as Tynieness' guess last week.

First, in the Premiership play-off..

Peasy23: "Working on the uneducated guess that it will be a fair bit slower than running, I'll go for 10 minutes and 37 seconds."

LincolnHearts: "I will go for 2 minutes 15 seconds."

Amazingly, this is about the only post by LincolnHearts that hasn't been red-dotted. Especially amazing since it was so way-off. Peasy23's "uneducated" guess (I wasn't really expecting any expected guesses!) sees him retain his Premiership status. 

And in the SWL play-off ...

gkneil: "Complete guess 20min"

The Captain: "Space hopper answer 9 minutes and 26 seconds.. Bizarre question, but a worthy poser to separate the wheat from the chaff. I speak as one of the chaff."

Well, this is one of those David and Goliath clashes where the chaff beats the wheat. The Captain retains his SWL status. 

More wacky play-off questions to follow next weekend...

Well it's Monday lads. And that can only mean one thing. It's time for Tuesday's quiz. 

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=9843&sectionId=1

And question 1 mentions John McVeigh. Although sadly, the question isn't:

John McVeigh is which of the following:

1. A tit
  2. A fanny
  3. A twat
  4. All of the above

(just kidding. don't have anything against the guy. Indeed, I don't really know who he is. All I know is you try and type the word m i n g e into a post, it gets converted to John McVeigh is a tit). 

John McVeigh is a tit

edit: i got 5. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well it's Monday lads. And that can only mean one thing. It's time for Tuesday's quiz. 

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=9843&sectionId=1

And question 1 mentions John McVeigh. Although sadly, the question isn't:

John McVeigh is which of the following:

1. A tit
  2. A fanny
  3. A twat
  4. All of the above

(just kidding. don't have anything against the guy. Indeed, I don't really know who he is. All I know is you try and type the word m i n g e into a post, it gets converted to John McVeigh is a tit). 

John McVeigh is a tit

edit: i got 5. 

The only John McVie I know played bass with The John Mayall's Bluesbreakers. Take it not the same guy ??