The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Why not go with how many times their guess has come 4th? If that’s also a tie then we should go with the widely used tradition of reverse alphabetical order.

Because I didn’t think of that...I’ll announce a result and show my working as to who wins the playoff when I have all the answers

7 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Because I didn’t think of that...I’ll announce a result and show my working as to who wins the playoff when I have all the answers

Hold the fucking fort here. NJ2 has informed me my guess was wrong, but since it was next door to the correct answer, I'm not having any last minute shenanigans. 

Right, so the apparently highly controversial playoff question was who has finished 4th at the World Cup most often.
The Prem playoff seen the leader Cardi take on recently rebranded Tynierose (same club?).
The cardinal went with Brazil in 1962 (which I suspect was a guess and haven’t bothered to check if it’s right) and 2014.
Tynie went with England in 1990 and 2018.

The SWL playoff was between Ziggy and Wastecoatwilly.
Ziggy also went with Brazil and covered his bases with guessing every World Cup ever, even the ones they won.
Wastecoatwilly plumped for Germany and didn’t bother guessing years for bonus points such was confidence, I assume.
The correct answer, of course, was Uruguay. Coming 4th on three occasions - 1954, 1970 & 2010.
So Cardi and Ziggy get the nod based on being geographically closest to the correct answer. Thems the breaks.

5 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Right, so the apparently highly controversial playoff question was who has finished 4th at the World Cup most often.
The Prem playoff seen the leader Cardi take on recently rebranded Tynierose (same club?).
The cardinal went with Brazil in 1962 (which I suspect was a guess and haven’t bothered to check if it’s right) and 2014.
Tynie went with England in 1990 and 2018.

The SWL playoff was between Ziggy and Wastecoatwilly.
Ziggy also went with Brazil and covered his bases with guessing every World Cup ever, even the ones they won.
Wastecoatwilly plumped for Germany and didn’t bother guessing years for bonus points such was confidence, I assume.
The correct answer, of course, was Uruguay. Coming 4th on three occasions - 1954, 1970 & 2010.
So Cardi and Ziggy get the nod based on being geographically closest to the correct answer. Thems the breaks.

I hate to be pedantic but Brazil won it in 62.

My team were 4th twice, the Cardinal's only one.

Normally I  wouldn't bother but I hate @Cardinal Richelieu

Anyway, enough of the mundane league shite, it’s time...THE QWC2018 FINAL!
I think on the whole it’s been better than that carry on in Russia. The final was between AFJ’s charges Ellan Vannin and Salvo’s Poland. Both a credit to themselves and their countries.
The final of course was out of 20 and both teams had very strong performances. In the end there was only one goal separating the sides and not many chances missed.
ELLAN VANNIN 19 v 18 Poland.
AFJ is the champion. Ellan Vannin are QWC2018 winners. A joyous day for the self governing whatever they are actually are. Well done and thanks to all. I’m off to lie down in a dark room, see you in 4 years.

9 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:
Hold the fucking fort here. NJ2 has informed me my guess was wrong, but since it was next door to the correct answer, I'm not having any last minute shenanigans. 

*cough* superleague *cough*

I would normally be up for a SUPERLEAGUE. But:

1. SUPERLEAGUE must be capitalised
  2. I just ground t̶y̶n̶i̶e̶n̶e̶s̶s̶'̶s̶  tynieroses' stupid face into the dirt. 
1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

I hate to be pedantic but Brazil won it in 62.

giphy.gif

Some irrelevant moan

Will go with who’s closest geographically to the correct team.

This was already covered. I also hate to side with the cardinal but I’m a man of my word

15 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup

Brazil have come 4th twice. 

If there is one thing we can all take away from this, it's that Tyniewhateverhe'scalledthisweek is:

1. Wrong
  2. A bellend
Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

I've just come in from work after a 40 hour shift to this mess. WTF.

Playoffs are a serious business, ye canny play with folk lives like this....I try and restore some order for next week lads.

Ps Bully, hope you have high focus lense for your camera, bunch o wee dicks your playing with here.

On 13/07/2018 at 12:58, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And here's the roll-call for missing teams

On 13/07/2018 at 21:16, pleslie99 said:
On 13/07/2018 at 12:58, Cardinal Richelieu said:
And here's the roll-call for missing teams  

Still think there should be a penalty for late posting if scores. Sort it out boss man. If folk know they will have no access until later in the week they should specify this at the start of the week?

You are right.  Plus, the quiz thread is at its best if you can reply most days. 

I won't be able to do that over the next month or so due to various work and family commitments so will take a break and see if I am granted a license to start again in the Seaside League come September... 

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

You are right.  Plus, the quiz thread is at its best if you can reply most days. 

I won't be able to do that over the next month or so due to various work and family commitments so will take a break and see if I am granted a license to start again in the Seaside League come September... 

Seeing as how you've asked so politely, we bucket-and-spaders will probably say "Yes". Probably...