The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, Helpma said:

A surprisingly scintillating .... nine.  Bloody Australian swimmers

They'd only be bloody after a shark attack or the absorbency of certain personal hygiene products isn't all that the ads claim them to be. Otherwise they are sometimes referred to as bathers, togs, cossie. boardies or the type that should never be seen, budgie smugglers.

Friday knew 5/10 and scored 5/10.

16 hours ago, The DA said:

Knew 4 and scored a dreich 6 for Friday.  That was a hard one - too many 50/50s.

Bit of a long shot, but did anyone go to Marc Rebillet at BAaD (behind the Barras) last Friday night? I'm not sure how you'd describe him - sort of improvised comedy, techno and funk all rolled into one. 

I only ask cos he is American but told the audience the weather outside was "dreich" ... he then proceeded to use the word wrong in many different ways "My, that's quite the dreich out there"... "It's really dreiching it down tonight" ... that somehow segued into a pure banging techno set about Mel Gibson being a p***k. It was brilliant. 

Anyway - in other news ...

image.png.534b3a0a0085a59c1f2f5050e95c8fad.png

The Quizmas Cup is bubbling away nicely - still haven't fully (or at all) ironed out the format but it'll probably run over 3 quizzes ... each lasting a week - which is ripping the arse out of really - but then again, so is Christmas in general. Tentative dates are Monday 17th, Monday 24th and Monday 31st December. If anyone DOESN'T want to take part, please let me know. 

EDIT: Let's have a teaser question. The traditional angel on top of the meat pie ... where will you find that specific angel? Greenie for anyone who gets the right answer. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu