• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Cardinal Richelieu

The P+B Quiz League and ☕ Cup ☕ (when someone can be arsed making one)

Late posters should be forced to re-apply for league membership, and we prompt posters would have the right to exclude them, particularly the better scorers...
ARMAGEDDON

ARMAGEDDON

Proceed with the banter years! Yass!

I'll have to disagree with the docking points for not posting on the day. Not everyone can log in every day ... folk like AK above are usually more regular but folk lead busy lives. But I'll make you a deal, when they start docking points off Celtic for playing glamour friendlies and delaying league games, then I'll  start doing the same here :)

Anyway, I'm out for the rest of the day, so if you've not got your results in, take it to the Internet Ombudsman. 

In the Premiership, they'll be dancing on the streets of wherever Scotfree lives as he takes his 4th crown. Only 1 point behind is Peasy23 - whose boyhood dream of lifting the P+B League Trophy will have to wait another season. Down below, Alang1993 and Ross go down like a cup of cold sick, while Tynieness is in the play-offs. And who could his opponent be?

1-prem.png.aa5c858a86a3f89a30c34fde7800eda1.png

In the SWL, they'll be dancing in the cloisters of Michigan State University as MSU gains back-to-back promotions (presumably his toys are back in the pram now as well) ... German Jag is still searching for his first piece of silverware but gets promotion, edging out lil' ol' me into the play-offs. But that's fine and dandy by me cos it means I get to demolish Tynieness in the play-off. 

Down below, Kincardine is presumably enjoying week long celebrations for the 12th July ... Captain slips down into the dungeon league and Ziggy is in the play-offs. 

2-steal.png.cb77643e10ab4922326d5d5081a13c1c.png

And in the BHL, they'll be dancing on the streets of Baku (had  a quick look at the map to see other place names nearby ... the first two I saw were Ganja and Mingecevir) .. CaspianChris begins his march up the league and his first piece of bronzeware.  Gkneil joins him in the middle league and it's another team with an empty trophy cabinet - wastecoatwilly - in the play-offs. 

3-beazer.png.c751eebbd9659a3bbb62baee8c81347b.png

So to the play-offs ... and tagging doesn't seem to work. Sort it out @div

• For the Premiership spot, it's the battle of the Mods ... @Cardinal Richelieu vs @tynieness
  • And for the SWL spot, it's the battle of the Plebs ... @ziggy vs @wastecoatwilly

Since SlipperyP is waylaid and I'm in the play-offs, does somebody mind posting a play-off question for the 4 of us?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

I’ll assist, as it’s the 3rd/4th place play off in that other World Cup today, the question is simple...who has finished 4th the most times? Bonus points available for the year/s they have come 4th.

The announcement of the real World Cup, the QWC2018, final result will be today!

I’ll assist, as it’s the 3rd/4th place play off in that other World Cup today, the question is simple...who has finished 4th the most times? Bonus points available for the year/s they have come 4th.

So far one entrant...

Ps, decided I’ll do the final score tomorrow at 15:00. QWC2018 final result announced Sunday 15:00

40 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Many thanks to NJ2 but before I submit my guess (haven't a clue btw) how do you determine a winner if both teams are wrong?

Draw straws...

Many thanks to NJ2 but before I submit my guess (haven't a clue btw) how do you determine a winner if both teams are wrong?

Both relegated. Will go with who’s closest geographically to the correct team. Be good if one from each tie just got it right though.

Why not go with how many times their guess has come 4th? If that’s also a tie then we should go with the widely used tradition of reverse alphabetical order.

Why not go with how many times their guess has come 4th? If that’s also a tie then we should go with the widely used tradition of reverse alphabetical order.

Because I didn’t think of that...I’ll announce a result and show my working as to who wins the playoff when I have all the answers

7 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Because I didn’t think of that...I’ll announce a result and show my working as to who wins the playoff when I have all the answers

Hold the fucking fort here. NJ2 has informed me my guess was wrong, but since it was next door to the correct answer, I'm not having any last minute shenanigans. 

I’LL DECIDE. I may have gone mad with power.
Anyway, forget this playoff pish. It’s QWC2018 Final day! The result will be announced 12:00 (or there about)

Hold the fucking fort here. NJ2 has informed me my guess was wrong, but since it was next door to the correct answer, I'm not having any last minute shenanigans. 
*cough* superleague *cough*

Right, so the apparently highly controversial playoff question was who has finished 4th at the World Cup most often.
The Prem playoff seen the leader Cardi take on recently rebranded Tynierose (same club?).
The cardinal went with Brazil in 1962 (which I suspect was a guess and haven’t bothered to check if it’s right) and 2014.
Tynie went with England in 1990 and 2018.

The SWL playoff was between Ziggy and Wastecoatwilly.
Ziggy also went with Brazil and covered his bases with guessing every World Cup ever, even the ones they won.
Wastecoatwilly plumped for Germany and didn’t bother guessing years for bonus points such was confidence, I assume.
The correct answer, of course, was Uruguay. Coming 4th on three occasions - 1954, 1970 & 2010.
So Cardi and Ziggy get the nod based on being geographically closest to the correct answer. Thems the breaks.