The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Time as elapsed and we will take it from here.

Penny Stewart

@CaspianChris NO SCORE

v @The DA 1234 votes

Lancaster Farts

@blackislekillie 768 votes

v @The Captain  Not a clue can't remember this seismic event in Farages career. Total guess 892. Probably blown it big time. 

Question - Nigel Farage an Audi driver best election result for Westminster Parliament elections was  behind Flipper the Dolphin and winner John Bercow, how many votes did our Nigel finish 3rd in the 3 horse race.

• 8,401 votes

Farage came third with 8,401 votes. Bercow was re-elected and in second place with 10,331 votes was John Stevens, a former Conservative MEP who campaigned as an independent accompanied by "Flipper the Dolphin" (a reference to MPs flipping second homes)

Congratulations to @The DA & @The Captain

• See'y'all

Went to a pub quiz last night ... it was quite fun although a bit too random for my liking (e.g. one round was writing down 5 x 5 letter words starting and ending with the letter D and it's your luck of the draw whether the QM was thinking of the same one). 

Anyway, we lost by one point. Had we got this 2 pointer question correct, we'd have won. If ANYONE gets this I will give them my new motor I'm picking up this afternoon. 

... so it was a puzzles round. We had to guess the rhyming couplet with the initials CP ... and the clue was Sign | Creature. We stuck down Crescent Pheasant .... absolutely fizzing at what the "correct" answer was. Over to you. 

11 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Went to a pub quiz last night ... it was quite fun although a bit too random for my liking (e.g. one round was writing down 5 x 5 letter words starting and ending with the letter D and it's your luck of the draw whether the QM was thinking of the same one). 

Anyway, we lost by one point. Had we got this 2 pointer question correct, we'd have won. If ANYONE gets this I will give them my new motor I'm picking up this afternoon. 

... so it was a puzzles round. We had to guess the rhyming couplet with the initials CP ... and the clue was Sign | Creature. We stuck down Crescent Pheasant .... absolutely fizzing at what the "correct" answer was. Over to you. 

Cancer Prancer

2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

f**k. Would a greenie do instead of a new car?

Fucking hell.

To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I would not like to be the winner of a riddle competition in which I can come up with the most ridiculous answer.

ETA: I genuinely thought of the thing which would make me most of a seething mess if I had been in that quiz.

Edited by Mark Connolly