The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

[mention=4857]Cardinal Richelieu[/mention] your eminence am I reading this right and I’ve been promoted? If so woo and hoo. Also what does BNQD mean? 

Big Nigel Quashie’s Da.
When there’s a tie, Cardigan Richard phones the aforementioned and he picked, based on usernames, who gets promoted.

6 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I got a ten!

I got a ten!

I got a ten!

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c43d492774f492e6f

5 hours ago, Rugster said:

@Cardinal Richelieu your eminence am I reading this right and I’ve been promoted? If so woo and hoo. Also what does BNQD mean? 

I've had a few communion wines so not only will I explain "quiz difference", I'll explain its history. 

• Quiz Difference (QD) decreed that when two teams finished on equal points, the team with the highest scoring day would win ... if there was a draw, the team with the lowest score would lose .. and 2nd highest, 2nd lowest so on. 
  • New Quiz Difference (NQD) just went with highest score, 2nd highest score and so on. No idea why it was changed. 
  • Brand New Quiz Difference  (BNQD) is the same as NQD except that if teams finish on equal points and one team has completed fewer games, then they will automatically finish lower. No idea why it was changed. 

And no. I didn't get my hole tonight. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

31 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c43d492774f492e6f

I've had a few communion wines so not only will I explain "quiz difference", I'll explain its history. 

• Quiz Difference (QD) decreed that when two teams finished on equal points, the team with the highest scoring day would win ... if there was a draw, the team with the lowest score would lose .. and 2nd highest, 2nd lowest so on. 
  • New Quiz Difference (NQD) just went with highest score, 2nd highest score and so on. No idea why it was changed. 
  • Brand New Quiz Difference  (BNQD) is the same as NQD except that if teams finish on equal points and one team has completed fewer games, then they will automatically finish lower. No idea why it was changed. 

And no. I didn't get my hole tonight. 

Makes sense.

Particularly the hole part.

12 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Brand New Quiz Difference. (It's definitely Quiz Difference, I might have made up the Brand New.)

7 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Bonus point, please. (For the sake of clarity - To be carried forward to next week's quiz, obviously.)

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Bonus point, please. (For the sake of clarity - To be carried forward to next week's quiz, obviously.)

No probs. Do you want bonus points for getting your name right and for sitting the right way round on the toilet as well? :)

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

There's a right way?

5 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Yes. Bottom first!

9 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

No probs. Do you want bonus points for getting your name right and for sitting the right way round on the toilet as well? :)

That should read "right way up", Shirley?

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Ok here are the play off results.

The question was about the height of the Blackpool Tower.     @Eednudsaid   510 feet but  @Mark Connolly who went to Blackpool on a school trip got it spot on with 518 feet.

The other play off saw @pleslie99 answer 500 feet  to defeat @The_Kincardine who said 600 feet.

And in the other tie that was outstanding @The Captain got a seven out of ten to beat the useless no show b*****d @Ross.  

Really Ross do you think I turned down a weekend in Monaco to make up this quiz only for you to no show.  I'm watching you from now on, oh yes I am.

Anyway well done to those in the last eight, the draw and quiz will be up tomorrow AM with a 24 hour turnaround,  the Stepek cup will be finished by the weekend ahead of the next cup.   The Bayne & Duckett Shield.

Humble apologies. Was at a wedding yesterday and drinking from 12pm through. I can assure you my hangover is suitable punishment for not taking this seriously enough...