The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

I've found the written list of unwritten rules ... and given them a bit of an update:

1. The first person to post their score to any day's quiz must post the link to the day's quiz. This is sacrosanct.
    • The link to the day's quiz must be the full link and not the link that only shows the latest quiz (cos then people start posting scores for the wrong day)
  2. The person posting the link to the next day's quiz will always get a sub-par score (Mathematics' 2/10 is proof of this)
  3. The_Kincardine will not attempt the quiz until AFTER the Archers has finished (for the youngsters on this thread, the Archers is a radio soap opera for pensioners and morons).
  4. The answer provided by the question setter is always the correct one, even when it's quite clearly bollocks. No "moral" points will be awarded. 
  5. You are, of course, permitted - nay expected - to piss and moan like f**k about the blatant unfairness of it all.
  6. Each team - with the exception of those in Australia - is required to complain at least once a week about how much of a nonsense the questions  about Aussie sport / politicians / reality TV are. (those around in the early days of the quiz thread will  wipe a nostalgic tear from the eye as they recall the Guardian daily quiz which was sadly discontinued).
  7. If you want to discuss a question from the quiz, you are free to do so, as long as you don't give anything away. Which, of course, makes it bloody difficult to talk about it. That Louis XXXX today (I've not edited this bit... sheer chance there is another Louis question today) is a case in point. The fact that people knew that the right answer was wrong, but one of the wrong answers was right would lead you to correctly identify the right wrong answer. 
  8. Don't use spoilers to discuss the answers either. People claim they don't work, although they quite plainly do. I think it's the young uns with their mobile phones and Crazy Frogs that have a problem. 
  9. There is an arcane methodology for determining who finishes higher among teams with equal points. This is on its third revision and is called Brand New Quiz Difference (BNQD for short). Don't bother trying to work out its vagaries - just know that you haven't been diddled. 
  10. At the end of the week, there is a play-off for the 3rd top / 3rd bottom teams. The deadline for submitting these play-off answers is arbitrary, and the questions themselves put the shite Aussie-centric questions to shame (Slippery P has taken on the mantle of play-off question asker and the quality has improved inexorably)
  11. If you need to take a previous quiz for the week, you can access the link for the archive on the 1st post of this thread.
  12. There's also sometimes a cup which runs over the weekends. Except sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes it runs during the week. Usually it will be buried beneath a dozen pages of other people's scores. It must be built in a shoddy online quiz app that's riddled with ads / spyware. It will be run by a random person (you won't know who it is until they start posting it). It must have at least two glaring errors for every 10 questions. 
  13. Questions about Japanese (and recently Hawaiian) islands appear randomly... sometimes you can go a month without seeing one, other times, you get 3 in a week. The only rule to remember is that the answer used to ALWAYS be Honshu. That was until people started answering Honshu by default, at which point, they cunningly changed the right answer to Hokkaido for just long enough to confuse everyone, before switching back to the default Honshu.
Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

An emphatic 8 to end the week! Plant cells and woman’s football can f**k off

Down with the Arab, you're coming down with the Arab*

*Assuming I don't get relegated myself.

We are staying up, say we are staying up!!

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I can tell you're distracted! Was Tuesday at 4 or a 5?

Anyway, here are the latest tables ... I've never seen so many teams in the league. It's all very exciting. And I'm missing scores from alang1993 and Adam101 (not to be confused with Adamski - our newest recruit)

Appologies 5 for Wednesday Im being unusually consitent this week.

Welcome @Adamski your parents have good taste obviously.

4 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Appologies 5 for Wednesday Im being unusually consitent this week.

Welcome @Adamski your parents have good taste obviously.

Thanks! Although that particular bit of good taste comes from whoever picked my family's surname.

7/10 to round off my first shot at this.

Good score, so looks like either you or German jag have won top flight for first time unless I get a big score...

Two

Your score also matches where you might be in the favourite Jambo list of the quiz contestants, but that’s not for me to decide. I’m still elated after you said I’m the favourite!