The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Small confession for you lads. The only reason I actually organise the cup is so that I get lots of PMs and impress birds in pubs with how popular I am. 

And with that in mind ... it seems that the Old Guard's late charge has petered out somewhat. 

Jagfox99 10 5 NJ2
die hard doonhamer 3 7 Adam101
Jacksgranda 5 10 Mark Connolly
Swarley 9 9 LincolnHearts
Zen Archer 8 4 BigBo10
Alang1993 9 8 The_Kincardine
KnightswoodBear 8 9 CaspianChris

Old Guard 17.5 - 20.5 Young Whippersnappers ... but there are still TEN ties to play so still all to play for. 

Re: the bonus point.  I'll reveal all on Sunday (and I'll tell you how to get the bonus point lol) .. but basically, only 4 teams so far have managed to RTFQ. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Small confession for you lads. The only reason I actually organise the cup is so that I get lots of PMs and impress birds in pubs with how popular I am. 

And with that in mind ... it seems that the Old Guard's late charge has petered out somewhat. 

Jagfox99 10 5 NJ2
die hard doonhamer 3 7 Adam101
Jacksgranda 5 10 Mark Connolly
Swarley 9 9 LincolnHearts
Zen Archer 8 4 BigBo10
Alang1993 9 8 The_Kincardine
KnightswoodBear 8 9 CaspianChris

Old Guard 17.5 - 20.5 Young Whippersnappers ... but there are still TEN ties to play so still all to play for. 

Re: the bonus point.  I'll reveal all on Sunday (and I'll tell you how to get the bonus point lol) .. but basically, only 4 teams so far have managed to RTFQ. 

Who's yer granda now Jack?

I'm really sorry.

59 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Not enough anamosity in this cup comp

How about you give me your Wednesday score for the league, you fucking gimp. 

I appreciate this is league animosity rather than cup animosity, but it's the best I can do. 

... anyway, I've caught up with all the league paperwork ... here are the missing scores. Can't be arsed tagging, but if you meet any of the names mentioned below in the pub tonight, you might like to remind them:

• Premiershit: Audaces Fortuna Juvat (all week), Alang1993 (Tue-Fri), Salvo Mantalbano (Thu-Fri), The_Kincardine (Fri)
  • SWL: Dublin Magyar (all week), MSU (all week), Adam101 (Wed), Helpma (Fri)
  • BHL: sureiknow (Mon-Wed, Fri), Goober Bud (all week), Jacksgranda (Fri), JamesP_81 (Fri), Cardinal Richelieu (Thu, Fri)

I'm off for a shite, after which, I'm sure I'll have some more paperwork to do. Ho ho ho. 

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I appreciate this is league animosity rather than cup animosity, but it's the best I can do. 

... anyway, I've caught up with all the league paperwork ... here are the missing scores. Can't be arsed tagging, but if you meet any of the names mentioned below in the pub tonight, you might like to remind them:

• Premiershit: Audaces Fortuna Juvat (all week), Alang1993 (Tue-Fri), Salvo Mantalbano (Thu-Fri), The_Kincardine (Fri)
  • BHL: sureiknow (Mon-Wed, Fri), Goober Bud (all week), Jacksgranda (Fri), JamesP_81 (Fri), Cardinal Richelieu (Thu, Fri)

I'm off for a shite, after which, I'm sure I'll have some more paperwork to do. Ho ho ho. 

Sorry Cardi.  I thought I'd posted it.  6 for Fri.

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

no need for that kind of behaviour in the league, we have to live here the cup is just a fling, I've got a good mind to report you to the blazers.

ohh wait.

6 for Wednesday

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

no need for that kind of behaviour in the league, we have to live here the cup is just a fling, I've got a good mind to report you to the blazers.

ohh wait.

6 for Wednesday

He doesn't have a blazer: he has a cassock, a fascia and and a zucchetto.

George Cardinal Pell wearing the ordinary dress of a cardinal: black cassock with scarlet (red) piping and buttons, scarlet fascia (sash), pectoral cross on a chain, and a scarlet zucchetto.

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

He doesn't have a blazer: he has a cassock, a fascia and and a zucchetto.

George Cardinal Pell wearing the ordinary dress of a cardinal: black cassock with scarlet (red) piping and buttons, scarlet fascia (sash), pectoral cross on a chain, and a scarlet zucchetto.

The mind boggles as to why he wears a courgette and what he might do with it.

That pic is of an Archbishop who was found guilty of last month but we're not supposed to know over here as his name was suppressed in case it prejudices another case in March.

6 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I wouldn't be apologising to a corrupt religious/political type.   Also, in real life he is an arse that disappears to the toilet when it's his round.

Wait, what? 

Cup results to be in by Sunday evening please. If you can fit it into your busy schedule of being unkind. 

I think Hollywood scriptwriters could do worse than adapt the P+B Quizmas Cup for the silver screen. Might I modestly suggest a title such as "Men against Boys" or "Cardinal's Points".  A reminder of the current scores: Old Guard 17.5 - 20.5 Young Whippersnappers.

Plenty more results are in:

Ross. 9 9 Tynierose
Dee Man 7 7 Ziggy
FrankieS 9 7 The Captain
Welshbairn 8 11 The DA
WhiteRoseKillie 10 9 Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Peasy23 9 7 Salvo Mantalbano

Dee Man's bonus point against Ziggy could make the difference, as could Tynierose who didn't get one (whereas Ross. did). The scores are sitting at:

Old Guard 21.5 - 22.5 Young Whippersnappers

And there are still FOUR matches left to play with 36 hours left to play 'em. If none of the matches are completed, we end up with a fucking draw. What's the chances? And more importantly , what the feck do we do then? I might have to invent a totally arbitrary way of calculating a winner. To prevent that from happening, here's a final nudge to the four missing chaps:

Final league tables to follow in a couple of hours. Bizarrely, blackislekillie has been on league duty all week, yet not bothered with the cup. Could this be a game changer?