The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

10 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

It's my birthday in Australia... not here though. Six/ten which probably means everyone else will get 7-10. Except for Dee Man.

How wrong you are. And when I say wrong, I mean right. 2/10.

I hope you don't get any cards or presents and no-one visits you today.

7 hours ago, The Captain said:

First post

A far from stonking 5/10 for Monday and a mediocre 4/10 effort for Tuesday.

Welcome Cap'n - you're our 40th member! Soon we'll be bigger than SFL and then we can take over. 

giphy.gif

Kudos also for finding the quiz links yourself rather than expect someone else to do it for you.:lol:

6/10. Knew 3 and was 50/50 on 2 of them. 1 complete guess. The Shakespeare question came from the only work of his that I have actually read. Who knew Standard Grade English would ever come in useful in life?

High time we had a look at the leagues (especially since I'm near the top of one of them). A few absentees, plus @deej .. did you do the quiz on Monday?

MSU is hoping to make it 2 on the trot, with AFJ hoping to gain his first ever top gong. Hard to say what's going to happen with the relegation...

1-prem.png.316540c6cd3997498ee3149c4f111f7b.png

Jagfox's perfect 10 keeps him ahead of WRK on quiz difference. Again, too early to say what's happening re: relegation...

2-steal.png.b9362299c2bba040bcc0b066f28353e7.png

And in the BHL, BigBo10 is the big swinging dick in town, but my medium-sized member is sitting pretty in 2nd. 

3-bhl.png.d069f1303c2d06b6c49f7d7ea41e09d7.png

Also, still waiting for answers from @G_Man1985 and @alang1993 to the cup replays... need an answer from you by Thursday lunchtime.... here's a reminder of the question...

--------

PM me your answer to the following question ... on what date was Emmerdale Farm changed to simply Emmerdale? (I'm looking for the date the first show was broadcast as Emmerdale)

And a bonus greenie for the first person who knows who revealed that the reason for changing the title was "it doesn't take so long to read" and they can "pack a lot more story in"... 

-------

(The bonus greenie is STILL up for grabs btw)

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

High time we had a look at the leagues (especially since I'm near the top of one of them). A few absentees, plus @deej .. did you do the quiz on Monday?

Could have sworn I did, but apparently not - Entertainer, Aussie politics and Tapioca wrong on Monday for 7/10

Plenty of a) excitement and b) drama in the cup replay... where I asked when Emmerdale Farm became Emmerdale ... it was a popular question... here's some of the rave reviews:

• Cowden0: "Where do you dig these questions from."
  • Deej: "Having never watched Emmerdale and having no idea when it even started..."
  • Alang1993: "I'm too young for this shit"
  • G_man1985: "My claim to fame. My best mate brother is an actor in emmerdale. However I have no idea of this answer."

The transmission date of the first "Emmerdale" was 14th November 1989. 

• Cowden0 (1/1/96) vs Deej (3/11/91) ... Deej is closer and progresses...
  • And in the battle of the young pups, G_man1985 (11/12/1985) vs Alang1993 (6/9/1989) .. G_man's tactic of going for the year of his birth hasn't paid dividends, and Alang's excellent guess seems him go through. 

As for guessing who said they shortened it cos it takes less time to read and you can fit more story in. Alang1993 guessed Rik Mayall ... which is an inspired guess and perilously close... but it was actually Spudgun from Bottom....

(apologies for the crap quality)

54 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Plenty of a) excitement and b) drama in the cup replay... where I asked when Emmerdale Farm became Emmerdale ... it was a popular question... here's some of the rave reviews:

• Cowden0: "Where do you dig these questions from."
  • Deej: "Having never watched Emmerdale and having no idea when it even started..."
  • Alang1993: "I'm too young for this shit"
  • G_man1985: "My claim to fame. My best mate brother is an actor in emmerdale. However I have no idea of this answer."

The transmission date of the first "Emmerdale" was 14th November 1989. 

• Cowden0 (1/1/96) vs Deej (3/11/91) ... Deej is closer and progresses...
  • And in the battle of the young pups, G_man1985 (11/12/1985) vs Alang1993 (6/9/1989) .. G_man's tactic of going for the year of his birth hasn't paid dividends, and Alang's excellent guess seems him go through. 

As for guessing who said they shortened it cos it takes less time to read and you can fit more story in. Alang1993 guessed Rik Mayall ... which is an inspired guess and perilously close... but it was actually Spudgun from Bottom....

(apologies for the crap quality)

I knew it was late 80s, but didn't realise I was that close(if only my birthday was on the 14th of November, I would have got it spot on:lol:)

In all honesty, I actually meant Rikki Fulton as my guess(was watching one of his old sketches when I was answering the question:ph34r::lol:)