The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I sent my abysmally poor results yesterday morning...

Honestly cannae see it pal. Admittedly it wouldn't be the first time I've cunted this, but there's nowt in my box. 

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

It saves everyone else you've tagged asking you the exact same thing. Say the link you posted is 2 pages back - that's 8 posters having to go back 2 pages to find it. 8 x 2 = 16. When you subtract the 2 pages you had to go back, that's 14 pages of data I've saved the interweb from using up, thus saving energy and ultimately the environment. I have single-handedly extended the life of the planet - your planet - by asking you to do that for all of us, you ungrateful b*****d.

879761.jpg?b64lines=IERSQUdHSU5HIEJFSElO

It saves everyone else you've tagged asking you the exact same thing. Say the link you posted is 2 pages back - that's 8 posters having to go back 2 pages to find it. 8 x 2 = 16. When you subtract the 2 pages you had to go back, that's 14 pages of data I've saved the interweb from using up, thus saving energy and ultimately the environment. I have single-handedly extended the life of the planet - your planet - by asking you to do that for all of us, you ungrateful b*****d.

There's a lot of dross on P&B. Fortunately, this thread continues to buck that trend!

A quicky chivvy to all those who haven't responded to the June cup quizzes (and those who have responded and I've missed - and not to those that I believe have responded who haven't). 
[mention=36343]Ross.[/mention] .. [mention=52759]Wilkinson1998[/mention]... [mention=30230]Tynieness[/mention] ... [mention=33079]DeeMan[/mention] ... [mention=37891]WhiteRoseKillie[/mention] ... [mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention] ... [mention=36704]gkneil[/mention] ... [mention=7957]die hard doonhamer[/mention]
Oh, and also to Wilkinson1998 for the play-off question, although I'll cut him a bit of slack cos he probably didn't realise that joining the quiz thread would require so much attention!

PM'd them too you.

newcomer Wilkinson1998 finds himself in the play-offs with rumours circulating in the tabloids that he is One for the Watching (in a football-quiz hybrid managerial sense, not in a beastly one).

Thanks for clearing that up

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Second best thread on the board as Cardi keeps reminding me...

I wish I had the power to dock you points. I've never ventured into said Pregnancy / Parenting thread and for good reason. Sounds like a clique-ridden back-slapping bollock-ache.

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I wish I had the power to dock you points. I've never ventured into said Pregnancy / Parenting thread and for good reason. Sounds like a clique-ridden back-slapping bollock-ache.

Hope we get 'riled' as a word definition question this week...

2 minutes ago, Eednud said:

With 2 minutes to go before the witching hour there is no quiz posted yet. Will write them a PTTGOYN type email and delay contacting my MP. 

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Going to have to do the Monday quiz on a Monday! It just feels wrong.

I checked just after the Archers...as sane folk do...and nothing showing.

Feels like something's been knocked out of orbit.

37 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I checked just after the Archers...as sane folk do...and nothing showing.

Feels like something's been knocked out of orbit.

If it was next Monday they could have come up with the excuse that it's the Queen's Birthday public holiday, although not in WA where that's today (as it is in NZ) or QLD where it's in October. 

Anyway to avoid waiting on the lazy p***k at The Oz getting his/her act together and sparing no expense, here's one prepared earlier. From this day in 2014 and 5/10 to start with. Guessed band, VFA (this is what became the VFL then AFL), and bazooka, knew designer and game, stuffed up caves.  (Removed link as today's quiz has now been posted)

Edited by Eednud

6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

F8NEcyZ.gif

7 hours ago, Eednud said:

If it was next Monday they could have come up with the excuse that it's the Queen's Birthday public holiday, although not in WA where that's today (as it is in NZ) or QLD where it's in October. 

Anyway to avoid waiting on the lazy p***k at The Oz getting his/her act together and sparing no expense, here's one prepared earlier. From this day in 2014 and 5/10 to start with. Guessed band, VFA (this is what became the VFL then AFL), and bazooka, knew designer and game, stuffed up caves.  <<link redacted to avoid confusion>>

Should have waited another 10 minutes my crow-eating friend:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6983&sectionId=1

Edited by Arabdownunder