The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

39 teams, now? Time for four divisions, I reckon.

If it were up to me, we'd go back to a 39 team 1 superleague setup. 

Just for a bit of nostalgia, this is how the very first league table looked... things have changed quite a lot since then (except BWV languishing near the bottom)...

nostalgia.thumb.png.d0f3d4870a7e4f72e5e2a536fcbb68fa.png

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Eh, King Cnut was real was he not? And the whole point of him trying to turn back the tide was that he was proving that even a king couldn't do that? No? Oh well...

So after day 4 of the league, let's take a squiz at the leagues....

MSU currently sits atop the pile, although AFJ is striving for his first gold. WRK is missing in action, and Tynieness's coat is on a decidedly shoogly peg. 

1-prem.png.ccfdd10cf49bee3798275e6c78a375a1.png

Meanwhile, in the SWL, the tactic of delaying quiz duties until the Archers appears to be paying dividends. Livi Lion is also MIA. 

2-steal.png.dbc51c16f388c040c8fa8a20f14eb7b4.png

Supermik is still the leading light in the BHL, and Wilkinson is impressing in his debut season. What excitement. 

3-bhl.png.f1a7f8026c11b8ca6b0d73be3e058935.png

I was inundated with offers of updating the final league tables / setting the play-off question tomorrow. However, I reviewed all the applications and dismissed them all. So, I'll probably get round to it on Sunday morning. 

5 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Eh, King Cnut was real was he not? And the whole point of him trying to turn back the tide was that he was proving that even a king couldn't do that? No? Oh well...

So after day 4 of the league, let's take a squiz at the leagues....

MSU currently sits atop the pile, although AFJ is striving for his first gold. WRK is missing in action, and Tynieness's coat is on a decidedly shoogly peg. 

1-prem.png.ccfdd10cf49bee3798275e6c78a375a1.png

Cnut was known as Canute in the UK - I was being silly as the Danish version is a misspelling of a ladygarden.

Incidentally, doesn't a tied position revert to lowest scores if the highest scores are equal, or have we changed? Not that I'll win anyway.................

12 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Think that was his oul da.

Could be.  I did a module in Anglo Saxon Church History at Yooni and between Alfred, Alfreith, Athelstane, Alstine, Cedric, Cerdic et al it made having a vasectomy seem attractive.

21 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Cnut was known as Canute in the UK - I was being silly as the Danish version is a misspelling of a ladygarden.

Incidentally, doesn't a tied position revert to lowest scores if the highest scores are equal, or have we changed? Not that I'll win anyway.................

It used to be that way. And then teams lobbied for a change to make it highest, 2nd highest etc. 

It's all in the P+B League Rulebook (revision 251 or something like that)