Jump to content

The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕


Recommended Posts

Good morning! Times up for the first week of August league.

James Villa Holidays League

After a week off the top podium @WhiteRoseKilie triumphantly secures his 24th title with whooping 49 points. @CaspianChris seas out the rest with 3rd runners up spot.  Have  a great weekend to you both. 🥂

@Leeds Saint, @German Jag @The DA All need to get in touch with Tom English, maybe he can fight their corner.  As they all slump.  @The Captain has to gather the troops for one more over the top in the playoff. 

jw080820.png.6ba24ac3979ca87a62dd2d234369fd9d.pngj080820.png.cee263a3e54ab2d864701aa8774ac1cc.png

Teletext Holidays League

Cup master and all round good guy (for a Mod and Hearts fan) @Tynierose makes it back the top, in first time asking.  @peasy23, just misses out on the trophy, however enough to climb the pyramid. 3 way tie, will see @deej, @Geaky & @Perkin Flump.  Playoff questions for them to see who gets automatic promotion, who's in the playoff and who is mid table mediocrity.

It's been a tough week all round for many (low scoring week), look out your trunks and zinc @SlipperyP, @NotThePars & @MixuFruit you/we are heading to the  beach party league. Which incidentally has a better sub-forum.😏 

@Ross. has to wait a little longer to see if he is joining us.  Playoff for him.  

tw080820.png.a228e5b58357c63556243e4a0e20967e.pngt080820.png.22ebcab44ee62f4211513c23bae66e1a.png

Club 18-30 League

It's been a long ride for the Aussie D @Eednud, he's back on the up. No surprises to have  medal laden @pleslie99 & @Helpma joining him.  @NJ2 (pale skinned) tries his luck to get out the sun, in the playoff he goes.

@101 You posted everyday this week, even on Wednesday (in this thread).  You never posted Wednesdays score. zero pointer.  Wooden spoon, to catch those tears. 

cw080820.png.6abe8de35ddcee187b815bd9a8869872.pngc080820.png.4a46fbc20868b4da69c22967c32ae37e.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tynierose said:

arkham knight halo GIF

There was three ties in the individual competition, therefore this question is just for the players below.

First world war ace Albert Ball VC, DSO, MC  had how many confirmed kills at the time of his death in 1917.   Answers via PM by 1700 tomorrow.

@Eednud v @The_Kincardine

@Perkin Flump  v @BigBo10

@pleslie99 v @Ross.

Just @The_Kincardine to go.

He really should have an advantage seeing as he was about 12 at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Teletext Holidays Playoff

@deej v @Geaky v @Perkin Flump

What is the population of Kirkintilloch?

Please answer this question and the main playoff question (below) in your same PM.

The closest will be automatically promoted to The James Villa Holiday League, 2nd closest will contest in the playoff weekend. 3rd closest (last) can do one.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Playoff #150 tearing up your screen.

Sitting in the corner this week are;

Cry Me a River Playoff

@The Captain P23 W8 L15 last app; 27th Jun '20

v

@deej P8 W4 L4 last app; 9th May '20

or

@Geaky P6 W3 L3 last app; 13th Jun '20

or

@Perkin Flump P10 W4 L6 last app 1st Aug '20

Something in my Eye Playoff

@Ross. P22 W12 L10 last app; 4th Jul '20

v

@NJ2 P24 W13 L11 last app; 18th July '20

Question - Using the metric system. How much tears (high end) can a average human produce in one year?

Your tear stained messages must be submitted no later than Monday 06:00 TT.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Good morning! Times up for the first week of August league.

James Villa Holidays League

After a week off the top podium @WhiteRoseKilie triumphantly secures his 24th title with whooping 49 points. @CaspianChris seas out the rest with 3rd runners up spot.  Have  a great weekend to you both. 🥂

@Leeds Saint, @German Jag @The DA All need to get in touch with Tom English, maybe he can fight their corner.  As they all slump.  @The Captain has to gather the troops for one more over the top in the playoff. 

jw080820.png.6ba24ac3979ca87a62dd2d234369fd9d.pngj080820.png.cee263a3e54ab2d864701aa8774ac1cc.png

Teletext Holidays League

Cup master and all round good guy (for a Mod and Hearts fan) @Tynierose makes it back the top, in first time asking.  @peasy23, just misses out on the trophy, however enough to climb the pyramid. 3 way tie, will see @deej, @Geaky & @Perkin Flump.  Playoff questions for them to see who gets automatic promotion, who's in the playoff and who is mid table mediocrity.

It's been a tough week all round for many (low scoring week), look out your trunks and zinc @SlipperyP, @NotThePars & @MixuFruit you/we are heading to the  beach party league. Which incidentally has a better sub-forum.😏 

@Ross. has to wait a little longer to see if he is joining us.  Playoff for him.  

tw080820.png.a228e5b58357c63556243e4a0e20967e.pngt080820.png.22ebcab44ee62f4211513c23bae66e1a.png

Club 18-30 League

It's been a long ride for the Aussie D @Eednud, he's back on the up. No surprises to have  medal laden @pleslie99 & @Helpma joining him.  @NJ2 (pale skinned) tries his luck to get out the sun, in the playoff he goes.

@101 You posted everyday this week, even on Wednesday (in this thread).  You never posted Wednesdays score. zero pointer.  Wooden spoon, to catch those tears. 

cw080820.png.6abe8de35ddcee187b815bd9a8869872.pngc080820.png.4a46fbc20868b4da69c22967c32ae37e.png

 

 

woops - youre welcome gman

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The green suit will be on now.

Still got the tags on but put it on the accept this award.

 

Other quizzers be ware I have spend the day reading chapter one of the Britannia Encyclopedia going to read the set!

IMG-20200722-WA0001.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

 

@The Captain v @deej The bookies couldn't split them and it was close.  My dear chum El Capitan got an eight, unfortunately for him cup specialist and Dundee fan  (my there is a lot of them isn't there) scored a whopping nine.  Well done you Albert Kidd loving fiend

Get fucked and take your shitey cup with you.

 

Never been more offended in my life

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Can I see your source please?

Some credit him with 44 some 43 seeing as the poor lad died at 20 I will go with the 44.

15969080815728440977791666027750.thumb.jpg.34165f66073a84b67815c77f83279eab.jpg

29 minutes ago, deej said:

Get fucked and take your shitey cup with you.

 

Never been more offended in my life

Shit, I'm so sorry m9, always assumed you supported Dundeh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tynierose said:

 

@Silky Si McFly v @Cardinal Richelieu This pair asked to play each other, one of them will be regretting it now, Simon is a quiz hosting expert and knows his onions, the Cardinal is a workshy layabout who steals from the Church.  Delighted to see Si go through eight points to seven against the IT exprt (geeeeeekkkkkkk)

As long as the person organising the cup quiz is unbiased and doesn't pick favourites, I'm happy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Shit, I'm so sorry m9, always assumed you supported Dundeh.

The picture of someone holding the Scottish Cup aloft as his background was a pretty big clue that he doesn't...

Edited by Bully Wee Villa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Cardinal Richelieu changed the title to The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...