The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

7 for Friday, can anyone explain Q5?

Particle Physics, specifically the subatomic particles that make up hadrons in standard matter. Yes, that says hadrons and not something else. There are six flavours of quark split into three generations by mass - Up and Down, Charm and Strange and Top and Bottom. These combine in pairs or threes to make the matter in the Universe - e.g. a proton is made up of two up quarks and a down quark.

24 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Reveal hidden contents

Particle Physics, specifically the subatomic particles that make up hadrons in standard matter. Yes, that says hadrons and not something else. There are six flavours of quark split into three generations by mass - Up and Down, Charm and Strange and Top and Bottom. These combine in pairs or threes to make the matter in the Universe - e.g. a proton is made up of two up quarks and a down quark.

Cheers Salvo, stupidly I have read books that have talked about them amongst other subject matter that went over my head. I have someone wiped the fact that they have flavours completely from my mind although Up and Down I remembered straight away