The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

53 minutes ago, Tynie Nickleby said:

I think I speak for the group when I say we look forward to our normal quiz next week.

I mean what's the Aussies ever did for us, other than destroy young minds with dreadful soaps and allow us to qualify for the 86 World Cup.   They didn't even answer our emails.

Now the new lot even had a quiz day for us.  

All hail quiz of the day.

Nick off!

54 minutes ago, Tynie Nickleby said:

I think I speak for the group when I say we look forward to our normal quiz next week.

Haven’t you heard we’re moving over The Ditch for the NZ Herald next week then up to near @SlipperyP for The Phuket News. 

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

If there is a country with a quiz consisting solely of questions about English monarchs and Roman emperors then I reckon we should do that one.

As long as we avoid Periodica and The Shakespeare Isles, I'll concur.

A frankly fortunate eight for Friday - to be fair, we've got away pretty lightly on antipodean politicos, and entirely (I think) with Japanese Islands, so not a bad week Down Under.

On 31/03/2022 at 23:14, Bully Wee Villa said:

Just for @NJ2... extra early Friday's Aussie Nonsense.

Six for me.

Link for those who don't live in the future and haven't done Thursday's Aussie Quiz yet.

3 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

Anyone got a link for Friday?

OK it's been tough, but let's get this over.

Boys at the top - Thank you

Middle - @alang1993 @gkneil @Arabdownunder

Thickos - @BigBo10 @mathematics @LincolnHearts @CaspianChris

18:00 TT today Saturday.

PS the Playoff question WILL be Japanese islands!!!!!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, Tynie Nickleby said:

I mean what's the Aussies ever did for us, other than destroy young minds with dreadful soaps and allow us to qualify for the 86 World Cup.   They didn't even answer our emails.

Now the new lot even had a quiz day for us.  

All hail quiz of the day.

Happy So Excited GIF

It really was an experiment, for the new boys, and a reminder for the old of' the good old days' were never really that good.

For all that complain that the 'quiz of the day' is too easy and boring. Numbers of players have gone up to new record high. If we played the Aussie quiz every week, I could see the league going back to about 10 players.

Thanks all for this week. You did us proud. 

9 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

It really was an experiment, for the new boys, and a reminder for the old of' the good old days' were never really that good.

For all that complain that the 'quiz of the day' is too easy and boring. Numbers of players have gone up to new record high. If we played the Aussie quiz every week, I could see the league going back to about 10 players.

Thanks all for this week. You did us proud. 

Despite some moaning and groaning that was a very unAustralian quiz week from The Australian quiz. Of the 50 questions only 7 were Australian with none about politics or netball, 1 about Papua New Guinea and 1 with the choice of 4 neighbouring countries plus one other with an Australian as one of the choices.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as Monday.