The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Bit of a long shot, but did anyone go to Marc Rebillet at BAaD (behind the Barras) last Friday night? I'm not sure how you'd describe him - sort of improvised comedy, techno and funk all rolled into one. 
I only ask cos he is American but told the audience the weather outside was "dreich" ... he then proceeded to use the word wrong in many different ways "My, that's quite the dreich out there"... "It's really dreiching it down tonight" ... that somehow segued into a pure banging techno set about Mel Gibson being a p***k. It was brilliant. 
Anyway - in other news ...

image.png.534b3a0a0085a59c1f2f5050e95c8fad.png

EDIT: Let's have a teaser question. The traditional angel on top of the meat pie ... where will you find that specific angel? Greenie for anyone who gets the right answer. 

Easy...Hull City.
Ps, I’m under 45. I’m under 30! I don’t often feel young but right now I do!

19 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And in league news, needing scores from Peasy23, CaspianChris, Alang1993, JamesP_81 (Friday), AFJ, Salvo, Adam101, Goober Bud (Thu-Fri), Slippers (Tue-Fri) and then I can reveal all (and put the final league tables up lol xx)

I think not good sir.

Holy fcuk!

Another joy of a SUPERLEAGUE is there can be no arguments about which is the best team. Are Dundee better than Dundee Utd this season? What about Falkirk and Arbroath? No such problem when you put everyone in the same league. 

Congratulations to MSU who wins his Lucky 13th league - and a SUPERLEAGUE to boot. DublinMagyar is 2nd ... so it's 1 .. 2 for the ex-pats. Not much else to say except Welshbairn are Peasy23 are in a play-off for the last Premiershit place. Tempted to do a question on Tekken (the Angel in question was taken from that game) since Welshbairn was the only player to get it right ... but I won't. I think Slippers is somewhat waylaid this weekend so I will ask the play-off question ....

image.thumb.png.384cc4127730d1b85ee9cb758bf5f11e.png

So for @welshbairn and @peasy23 only ... 

Dobbies Garden Centres has revealed that Saturday 8th December is officially ‘Bring Your Christmas Tree Home Day’. ... a more pointless futile self-serving "Day" you could never hope to find. But the question is ... how many Dobbie's Garden Centres are there currently in the UK? It's a shite question for a shite day. 

image.png.fe30eb489d654efdba6868ba41cc6452.png

And in P+B Quizmas Cup News... I can exclusively reveal that the teams in this season's blue riband cup competition will be "The Old Guard" vs "The Young Whippersnappers" and will be another Ride-her Cup type-affair .... it will kick off on Monday 17th December and there are 48 teams taking part so far ...

21 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'll join in the New Year, meaning I'll actually achieve one of my 19 for 19.

If you're any good you can stay away - I need somebody even shiter than I am to have some competition for the wooden spoon.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Right Your Eminence just what’s going on? Have you invited colts or laverbread & bovril entrants? There’s only 32 teams in the league, where’s the other 16 from?

All will be revealed next week ... rest assured though, you're in the "Old Guard" team. 

48 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

'Build it and they will come'

You could be onto something, young whippersnapper. 

As my dear late father told me on his deathbed  ...

"Son. There are only two types of people in this world. Those that have a rough idea how many Dobbie's stores are located in the UK. And those that don't."

Wise words that I treasure to this day. And never truer than in the play-off, where Welshbairn said:

I'm guessing most medium to large towns will have one attached to only one of their Tesco stores, so my guess is 360.

While Peasy23 went with:

"42, the meaning of life, the Universe, and everything, and hopefully close to the number of Dobbie's. "

https://www.dobbies.com/find-a-garden-centre/

Well you can check for yourself. I make it 39 although I might have miscounted. However, there can be no doubt as to the winner - step forward Mr 23 and claim your prize. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Sorry spent the tail end of last week pished. 6 to start the week.

looking forward to the Christmas Quiz. As a 21 year old the Angel Pie meant nothing to me, but I did have an excellent Steak Pie in Mathers on Friday

On 12/8/2018 at 14:24, Cardinal Richelieu said:

All will be revealed next week ... rest assured though, you're in the "Old Guard" team. 

Intriguing.  @Eednud @The DA, @Jacksgrandaand @welshbairnare all older than me so I must be close to the median age ;)

Interesting to see how this year's teams differ from last year's, Scots with a Passport vs Scots without the Plane Fare teams.

Oh and a happy 8 for Monday.