The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

7 hours ago, Eednud said:

If it was next Monday they could have come up with the excuse that it's the Queen's Birthday public holiday, although not in WA where that's today (as it is in NZ) or QLD where it's in October. 

Anyway to avoid waiting on the lazy p***k at The Oz getting his/her act together and sparing no expense, here's one prepared earlier. From this day in 2014 and 5/10 to start with. Guessed band, VFA (this is what became the VFL then AFL), and bazooka, knew designer and game, stuffed up caves.  <<link redacted to avoid confusion>>

Should have waited another 10 minutes my crow-eating friend:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6983&sectionId=1

Edited by Arabdownunder

I've only had a cursory glance, but it would seem that there are 2 Monday quizzes floating about, with a few people taking both - that's sure to confuse me. 

Anyway, that's yer play-off results in. According to this fluff piece, 162,719 pints are lost every year to hirsuteness. 

• For the Premiership, Jagfox99 went for 37,500,000 - more than half a pint for every man, woman and child in Britain. Livi Lion went for 200,000 which was remarkably close, so well done to Livi Lion - up he goes!
  • For the SWL, Dee_62 went for 750,000 but wished he had guessed higher cos of all the Russian and Scandinavian beer drinkers (the question was pretty vague but actually only included British Guinness drinkers.. I think) and Wilkinson1998 went for 90,000 ... so congrats to Wilkinson who is promoted to SWL at the expense of poor old Dee_62. 

For Monday, I got a 5 which I'm reasonably happy with ... hope I didn't end up doing the wrong quiz. 

Oh, and it would appear that plenty of people on BBC's !mpossible were following my advice on how to answer Japanese island questions...

islands.thumb.png.d286e80a1e0b94ded462ddccb9633469.png

7 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

...and nobody got the wrong answer - just right or impossible. Is that usual?

Definitely not! It's unusual to see so many impossible answers given for one question - it normally only happens when there's a trick question. When I was on it, there was a question starting "Which fictional rabbit..." where loads of people went for the "Jessica Rabbit" option - safe in the knowledge that the answer might be wrong but at least it's not impossible. Until it was pointed out that Jessica Rabbit was actually a human. Quite sneaky!

23 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

What's happening with cup? I've got to make plans for the weekend.....

Still awaiting scores from Ross, Gman_1985 and gkneil...

But as a special one off, I will reveal your score so you can make your plans. You were up against Die Hard Doonhamer, and the final score was:

• Slippery P (4+3) 7 - 6 (3+3) Die Hard Doonhamer

After the match, BOTH teams were asked to assess their team's performance and both replied with a monosyllabic "Shite". 

So congrats to Slippery P who progresses through to the next round with what I believe is the lowest ever winning score.