The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

I think that's the first time in living memory I've not had to chivvy someone for their league scores... I should go away more often. 

Anyway, here's the league tables... and jolly exciting they are too. First off, many congrats to MSU and pleslie99 who scoop their second first and first second respectively (I'm sure there's a less confusing way to write that). But this won't be the news grabbing the headlines ... who the f**k is that languishing in BOTTOM place? Why, it's only 13 times league winner, WhiteRoseKillie - it would seem that when WRK his forced to do the quiz on his own dime, he can't hack the pace. So down he goes with Tynieness, with Jagfox99 in the play-offs. 

1-prem.png.651a7dba02e7be0b5fc0b576c0b8098d.png

Into the SWL, and Arabdownunder earns his first SWL league title with a late Friday charge. LiviLion loses out to The_Kincardine due to the vagaries of the new Quiz Difference regulations but still nabs a play-off place. Downstairs, Ross and Madwullie are relegated, with Dee_62 in the play-offs - again due to QD. By the by, can I just point out that there were 5 teams tied on 27 places who weren't vying for anything. A lesser league administrator might just have left them in the order they fell.... but not this league administrator... no siree.

2-steal.png.acd738128566bea656bc6c4216c342cd.png

And finally, in the BHL, Supermik scoops his 2nd BHL title, and is promoted alongside serial yoyo-er deej....newcomer Wilkinson1998 finds himself in the play-offs with rumours circulating in the tabloids that he is One for the Watching (in a football-quiz hybrid managerial sense, not in a beastly one). Congats also to BWV who has achieved what I believe is his lowest ever score and position in the league structure. Quiz newcomers will be wondering how the f**k he managed to achieve a gold medal ... nobody is quite sure... perhaps BWV can explain!

3-beazer.png.78a16dd2949003626079ef93232a6882.png

And the play-offs.. @jagfox99 vs @LiviLion and @dee_62 vs @Wilkinson1998

Back in 2000, the Guardian published an article in light of some research performed on behalf of Guinness. Some might call this cheap advertising, but it makes for a great tie-breaker question...anyway, according to the research, how many pints of beer are wasted every year due to men with facial hair trapping and losing beer in their moustache and/or beard? To pad out the article, they also gave the average loss to various hirsute celebrities which I've recreated below to pad out this post   give you a clue...

beards.png.988a8fd1354bd842f6900f783e0bfcf0.png

So answers by PM to me by Monday lunchtime please!

Now to go and chivvy cup c***s.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

A quicky chivvy to all those who haven't responded to the June cup quizzes (and those who have responded and I've missed - and not to those that I believe have responded who haven't). 

@Ross. .. @Wilkinson1998... @Tynieness ... @DeeMan ... @WhiteRoseKillie ... @G_Man1985 ... @gkneil ... @die hard doonhamer

Oh, and also to Wilkinson1998 for the play-off question, although I'll cut him a bit of slack cos he probably didn't realise that joining the quiz thread would require so much attention!

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

10 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

A quicky chivvy to all those who haven't responded to the June cup quizzes (and those who have responded and I've missed - and not to those that I believe have responded who haven't). 

@Ross. .. @Wilkinson1998... @Tynieness ... @DeeMan ... @WhiteRoseKillie ... @G_Man1985 ... @gkneil ... @die hard doonhamer

Oh, and also to Wilkinson1998 for the play-off question, although I'll cut him a bit of slack cos he probably didn't realise that joining the quiz thread would require so much attention!

Sorry, I hadn't seen it. Can you post the link up again to save my lazy arse from going back and trying to find it?

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Sorry, I hadn't seen it. Can you post the link up again to save my lazy arse from going back and trying to find it?

Thank you.

You do realise I just had to perform the exact same steps that you couldn't be arsed doing?

it's on that page. Let me know if you need your arse wiped :)

24 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I sent my abysmally poor results yesterday morning...

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

You do realise I just had to perform the exact same steps that you couldn't be arsed doing?

it's on that page. Let me know if you need your arse wiped :)

It saves everyone else you've tagged asking you the exact same thing. Say the link you posted is 2 pages back - that's 8 posters having to go back 2 pages to find it. 8 x 2 = 16. When you subtract the 2 pages you had to go back, that's 14 pages of data I've saved the interweb from using up, thus saving energy and ultimately the environment. I have single-handedly extended the life of the planet - your planet - by asking you to do that for all of us, you ungrateful b*****d.

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I sent my abysmally poor results yesterday morning...

Honestly cannae see it pal. Admittedly it wouldn't be the first time I've cunted this, but there's nowt in my box. 

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

It saves everyone else you've tagged asking you the exact same thing. Say the link you posted is 2 pages back - that's 8 posters having to go back 2 pages to find it. 8 x 2 = 16. When you subtract the 2 pages you had to go back, that's 14 pages of data I've saved the interweb from using up, thus saving energy and ultimately the environment. I have single-handedly extended the life of the planet - your planet - by asking you to do that for all of us, you ungrateful b*****d.

879761.jpg?b64lines=IERSQUdHSU5HIEJFSElO

There's a lot of dross on P&B. Fortunately, this thread continues to buck that trend!

[mention=36343]Ross.[/mention] .. [mention=52759]Wilkinson1998[/mention]... [mention=30230]Tynieness[/mention] ... [mention=33079]DeeMan[/mention] ... [mention=37891]WhiteRoseKillie[/mention] ... [mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention] ... [mention=36704]gkneil[/mention] ... [mention=7957]die hard doonhamer[/mention]

PM'd them too you.

newcomer Wilkinson1998 finds himself in the play-offs with rumours circulating in the tabloids that he is One for the Watching (in a football-quiz hybrid managerial sense, not in a beastly one).

Thanks for clearing that up [emoji106][emoji23]

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Second best thread on the board as Cardi keeps reminding me...

I wish I had the power to dock you points. I've never ventured into said Pregnancy / Parenting thread and for good reason. Sounds like a clique-ridden back-slapping bollock-ache.

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I wish I had the power to dock you points. I've never ventured into said Pregnancy / Parenting thread and for good reason. Sounds like a clique-ridden back-slapping bollock-ache.

Hope we get 'riled' as a word definition question this week...

2 minutes ago, Eednud said:

With 2 minutes to go before the witching hour there is no quiz posted yet. Will write them a PTTGOYN type email and delay contacting my MP. 

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Going to have to do the Monday quiz on a Monday! It just feels wrong.

I checked just after the Archers...as sane folk do...and nothing showing.

Feels like something's been knocked out of orbit.

37 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I checked just after the Archers...as sane folk do...and nothing showing.

Feels like something's been knocked out of orbit.

If it was next Monday they could have come up with the excuse that it's the Queen's Birthday public holiday, although not in WA where that's today (as it is in NZ) or QLD where it's in October. 

Anyway to avoid waiting on the lazy p***k at The Oz getting his/her act together and sparing no expense, here's one prepared earlier. From this day in 2014 and 5/10 to start with. Guessed band, VFA (this is what became the VFL then AFL), and bazooka, knew designer and game, stuffed up caves.  (Removed link as today's quiz has now been posted)

Edited by Eednud

6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

F8NEcyZ.gif