The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

16 hours ago, alang1993 said:

welcome! welcome! welcome! - Imgflip

The Final is about get underway, good luck to @mathematics and @Rugster

Also, all the best to @The Captain and @MSU in the Bronze medal match play off.

If all players involved in the above matches could refrain from posting their scores, so I can build up some suspense in revealing the winners(if you really want to know you can check the scoreboard, but where is the fun in that?)

Feel free to have a go even if you are already out.

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF - Morgan Freeman Good Luck Batman - Discover &  Share GIFs

Cup Final Quiz

Multiple guess, mostly, but done. Surprised VAR didn't pick up the wording of Q9.

4 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Never mentioned Google. Books are wonderful though.

As said on the comic book thread, I took and still do take great delight in perusing all things football such as crowds.

Though I'm not sure why I need bother explaining myself to anyone.

So, does that mean you know the exact attendance of every cup final? Or is it just certain ones?

So, does that mean you know the exact attendance of every cup final? Or is it just certain ones?
Of course not. I didn't know that one to the exact number either but knew it was around the 56,000 mark.

As I said, books are wonderful. Are you happy now?

I really don't care though, and I'm perfectly happy to allow someone else to take the title in a quiz that is supposed to be a little bit of fun. I genuinely don't give a f**k about it.

12 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Of course not. I didn't know that one to the exact number either but knew it was around the 56,000 mark.

As I said, books are wonderful. Are you happy now?

I really don't care though, and I'm perfectly happy to allow someone else to take the title in a quiz that is supposed to be a little bit of fun. I genuinely don't give a f**k about it.

Clearly

Clearly
You clearly give more of a f**k. You also messaged me privately after one of the cup rounds a while back.

I wouldn't have the time or will to even consider messaging someone on a forum about a score they post or otherwise.

Slightly odd behaviour, something is obviously bugging you.

1 minute ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

You clearly give more of a f**k. You also messaged me privately after one of the cup rounds a while back.

I wouldn't have the time or will to even consider messaging someone on a forum about a score they post or otherwise.

Post the DMs!!

2 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Weird behaviour to ask you if you knew all 10 regarding the cup I wrote? considering that people posts include which ones they knew/guessed all the time, i'd say not.

If you can't see that it is unusual to get a cup final attendance spot on and be surprised when multiple people question it, I can't help you I'm afraid

I could tell you the exact attendances for all of St. Mirren's cup wins (98000 in 1926, 108591 in 1959 and 51782 in 1987). Couldn't tell you any others though. Strangely I know the attendance for Celtic v Leeds at Hampden was 136505.

The 1968 cup final was the first non-OF final since Saints v Aberdeen in 59 and I remembered the attendance was slightly more than half of the 59 final which always puzzled me as it was only 9 years later. hence my guess of 57250.

Incidentally the next final to be OF-free was 1987!

Weird behaviour to ask you if you knew all 10 regarding the cup I wrote? considering that people posts include which ones they knew/guessed all the time, i'd say not.
If you can't see that it is unusual to get a cup final attendance spot on and be surprised when multiple people question it, I can't help you I'm afraid
Do you PM everyone that posts a decent score? Or did you bother to message me when the questions didn't fall for me in the next round and I scored a four? No, I don't remember that being an issue.

Now, I've already indicated why I posted the attendance I did. Tough shit if you're not happy with that.

I'd now rather you pissed off and allowed me to get on with more important aspects of my day rather than some nonsensical debate about a stupid quiz.

1 minute ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Do you PM everyone that posts a decent score? Or did you bother to message me when the questions didn't fall for me in the next round and I scored a four? No, I don't remember that being an issue.

Now, I've already indicated why I posted the attendance I did. Tough shit if you're not happy with that.

I'd now rather you pissed off and allowed me to get on with more important aspects of my day rather than some nonsensical debate about a stupid quiz.

He PMd me 

8 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

I can confirm I did PM anyone that got a ten while still in the cup to see how many they knew, as I was genuinely interested to know how many of them you had fluked(as I thought it was a tough quiz).

I didn't question you when you got a "4"(scoreboard said 3 but I let you have it) because funnily enough there was no debate whether you knew all them/fluked them as you got 7 wrong. Didn't think that needed to be explained, but here we are.

I'll give you some time to cool down and collect all those toys you've chucked out your pram :P

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I could tell you the exact attendances for all of St. Mirren's cup wins (98000 in 1926, 108591 in 1959 and 51782 in 1987). Couldn't tell you any others though. Strangely I know the attendance for Celtic v Leeds at Hampden was 136505.

The 1968 cup final was the first non-OF final since Saints v Aberdeen in 59 and I remembered the attendance was slightly more than half of the 59 final which always puzzled me as it was only 9 years later. hence my guess of 57250.

Incidentally the next final to be OF-free was 1987!

Yeah I can understand it if it was a cup final involving his team. Impressive knowledge regarding the attendances by the way. I couldn't tell you what the 2013 cup final attendance was :lol:

But just thought it was a bit unusual that he got it spot on for a cup final that didn't involve his team. Surely he can see why people were asking about it? His reaction hasn't helped to be fair

2 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

Yeah I can understand it if it was a cup final involving his team. Impressive knowledge regarding the attendances by the way. I couldn't tell you what the 2013 cup final attendance was :lol:

But just thought it was a bit unusual that he got it spot on for a cup final that didn't involve his team. Surely he can see why people were asking about it? His reaction hasn't helped to be fair

Erm, me neither. I think it was 44k odds but don't know the exact number.