The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Ok, I've been awake for nearly 40 hours, so will heading to bed soon.

Please have your scores posted by 12:00 GMT Saturday.

@Silky Si McFly Fri

@alang1993 Fri

@MixuFruit

@Rugster Fri

@Salvo Montalbano Thu & Fri

@The Captain Fri

@Cardinal Richelieu Fri

@mathematics Fri

@101 Fri

@NotThePars All Week

@Adamski all week

@BigBo10 Fri

@Snobot Fri

@LincolnHearts All week.

I fell asleep waiting for you to update the play off scores!

Anyway,

10 for Monday

8 for Tuesday and Wednesday

9 for Thursday

7 for Friday.

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Biology let me down today but still got a 9.

You have missed Thursday

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I fell asleep waiting for you to update the play off scores!

Anyway,

10 for Monday

8 for Tuesday and Wednesday

9 for Thursday

7 for Friday.

I made my excuses a few days ago.....you went DOON

Last call for @Adamski all week & @Salvo Montalbano Thu  12:00 GMT Saturday (today)

Thanks

We made it, we fucking done it....This weeks final tables are brought to you by Steve Clark Band - Copperhead Road

James Villa Holiday League

@Arch Stanton rises from the dead to collect his 11th top gong, with the Bolivian in 2nd @WhiteRoseKilie, well played have a beer on me.

@Silky Si McFly (holder) & @scottmcleanscontacts will compete in the Europa Cup

@MSU  & @alang1993 in the Mugs Cup

Snakes belly region, we have @Salvo Montalbano missing class on Thursday, @Helpma missing brains all week & @Eednud just doing his usual, missing the Teletext.

@Leeds Saint his sins maybe answered if he gets the playoff question correct.

jwArch.PNG.a29651ccd7b1a9e76d4f6a5227e97e57.PNGj141120.PNG.c2e336cc559ded7cb7d8ae8df7e31ce9.PNG

Teletext Holiday League

@Geaky in the winners stable with his 4th second tier championship (not showing).  @The DA is runner up and up he goes.

3 way tie for 3rd place and very important as they all face each other in a playoff to see who goes up automatically, whos in the big play off and who does a Serbia and is forgotten about.

Down at the  exhaust end of the league @Adamski needs to find another gig. @Ross. slaloms downwards @101 falls

@The Hologram needs to catch a prize in the playoff. 

twGeaky.PNG.b14386807b5ee4e4e13f8d6ad6a007f5.PNGt141120.PNG.2f7fbbc524dd1675695814ebb28bafed.PNG

Club 18-30 Holiday League

@Tynierose is back, getting beat by the wife, he returns to beat the club.  3rd Diddy Title for him. @pleslie99 finding a bit of Dumbarton form and @BigBo10 on Monday makes the final spot.  They all rise.

@ArmadaleKillie been waiting for his chance for a few weeks now, he got it, playoff time.

Wooden spoon was up for grabs this week with £50 donation hanging on the line.  It's shared between the P&B dunderheids @Jacksgranda and @SlipperyP.  I being a gentleman, will hand @Tynierose  cash to @Jacksgranda for his choice I'm sure he will select a great charity, while he can hand me the wooden spoon.  Seems fair.

cwTynie.PNG.599f721c7c01c7874d8c86b6d47af54c.PNGc141120.PNG.9efb1303f08d63c2bcc5efad145f7d47.PNG

Playoff comes after my dinner.

Edited by SlipperyP

8 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Wooden spoon was up for grabs this week with £50 donation hanging on the line.  It's shared between the P&B dunderheids @Jacksgranda and @SlipperyP.  I being a gentleman, will hand @Tynierose  cash to @Jacksgranda for his choice I'm sure he will select a great charity, while he can hand me the wooden spoon.  Seems fair.

If somebody ( @Tynierose ?) want's to do a play off question we could settle it that way, but I'm happy enough to go along with your suggestion.

Will leave it for a couple of hours.

Playoff of all Playoff was the other night, here come another. No.164

3rd, 4th & 5th Teletext Holiday League place playoff

@Arabdownunder v @NotThePars v @The Captain

Please answer this question and the main playoff question in the same PM please.

What is the population of Bratislava?

On the tee this weekend are;

Straight Down the Middle Playoff

@Leeds Saint P23 W7 L16 - last app 25th Jul '20

v

@Arabdownunder P3 W1 L2 - last app 18th Jun '17

or

@NotThePars P5 W0 L5 - last app 7th Nov '20

or

@The Captain P26 W 8 L18 - last app 12th Sep '20

Shanked it Playoff

@The Hologram Making his debut

v

@ArmadaleKillie P1 W1 L0 - last app 28th Apr '18

Question - The Masters has just started, one of golf Majors. However, how many individual golfers have won at least one major?

Answers to be hooked into my cup no later than Monday 07:00 TT

As we have debutant this weekend. Few rules...Answer the question by PM only, by the deadline.  No writing on the thread about the answer before that deadline. TT means Thai Time (up to you to out figure that time).

Good Luck 

Semi Final results a bit later than planned, can't think why

Scotland reach Euro 2020: 'What a lift for the country' – STV News

I asked the current world ranking of Monica Puig(won gold at Rio 2016 in the women's singles)

@MSU 100 v @Rugster 100

@The Captain 204 v @mathematics 31

Her current world ranking is 105(a bit surprising, as I'm sure she usually wins a few games at grand slams).

Unbelievably both MSU and Rugster went for the same answer, so had to break out another tiebreaker question.

I asked them the running time in minutes of the 2019 film The Irishman. 

Rugster "Well I have seen this and I remember the time I put it on and the time it finished because I was meant to be working (!) 210 minutes"

MSU - "The Irishman is long, right? I'm going to say 200 minutes long."

210 mins was the correct answer.  Congratulations to Rugster for getting it spot on(although your boss has been informed). And congratulations to mathematics for also making it into the final. Commiserations to The Captain and MSU, although I'll be doing a Bronze medal play off to confirm 3rd place.

Will get the final questions written and posted probably by early next week.

Also, congratulations to everybody who got the "what country was the Spanish singer Rosalia born in" question correct, which was worryingly low. Answer was Spain (some questions are harder than others). As a treat, have included a gif below

rosalia stop | Tumblr

Edited by alang1993

We have a winner of the Super Cup

@Arch Stanton 2000

@Silky Si McFly No Score

@Rugster 15,000

What is the capacity of team UE Sant Julia (Andorra) stadium.

SCWArch.PNG.7b2db97e4ca07cf791b35ca627c2fc8d.PNGscw151120.PNG.af2bf21c3ceb2a76177c4eb915bc7cf3.PNG

Edited by SlipperyP