The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I take it deej gets the wooden spoon?

As I was off, and therefore forgot to do the quizzes... surely the best way would be to take my average PPG, giving me 35...

In the name of quizzing integrity...

And if not, then f**k the lot of you, see you in court....

9 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Oops, worryingly I have 80 written down.

Writing down 80 and then typing 79 is just the start of it, mate.  In not that many years you'll be asking your Mrs/weans, "I put a half-full pack of Doritos back on the snack shelf of the cupboard.  Who finished them?" then a few days later you'll find said packet in the bottom drawer of the freezer.

Anyway, that's a 7 for the cup.

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I take it deej gets the wooden spoon?

Yes

5 hours ago, deej said:

As I was off, and therefore forgot to do the quizzes... surely the best way would be to take my average PPG, giving me 35...

In the name of quizzing integrity...

And if not, then f**k the lot of you, see you in court....

No.

On 11/07/2020 at 11:04, Tynierose said:

graphics explosions GIF

The second round of the Nations Cup is complete, how are we standing, i know you would have struggled to sleep last night and I don't blame you.

The leaderboard after round one was as follows    -    Scotland - 42, England 39, Cardassia 38, Europe 34 and the ROW with 31

Round two results are as follows -  England 43,  ROW 42, Cardassia 41,  Scotland 38, Europe 31.        Team scotland had the most consistent scorers but nobody hit big numbers.

The overall scores on the doors are  England 82, Scotland 79, Cardassia 79, Row 73 and Europe with work to do on 65

In table order top to bottom

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

See the source image

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Another great turnout with 38/40 taking part,  really appreciate it as it makes it worthwhile.

Right, its time for round 3.  Europe playing for pride.  Cardinal and Silky have let them down.  For the rest its all to play for.  As usual lowest two scores don't count. Answers in by 5pm Tuesday

Scotland  @Adamski @Arch Stanton @The DA @peasy23 @gkneil @pleslie99 @NJ2 @kingjoey

England  @Bully Wee Villa @The_Kincardine @WhiteRoseKillie @Leeds Saint @LincolnHearts @Blootoon87 @JamesP_81 @die hard doonhamer

Europe  -  @Cardinal Richelieu @Silky Si McFly @Ross. @German Jag @CaspianChris @MixuFruit @Day of the Lords @Salvo Montalbano

ROW   -   @Geaky @Eednud @Helpma @Spring Onion @Snobot @SlipperyP @BigBo10 @101

Here is the link

https://www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=2007110540303371&pg&

Good luck

giphy.gif

Cardassia  - @Perkin Flump @alang1993 @Rugster @mathematics @The Captain @deej @Jacksgranda @G_Man1985

Not many to go to get this round wrapped up  -  @Adamski @pleslie99 @CaspianChris @Salvo Montalbano @deej @The Captain @Helpma

Incidentally there will also be a trophy handed to the highest  scorer over the four rounds  - after two rounds that was @Eednud @The_Kincardine @WhiteRoseKillie with 17.  

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Not many to go to get this round wrapped up  -  @Adamski @pleslie99 @CaspianChris @Salvo Montalbano @deej @The Captain @Helpma

Incidentally there will also be a trophy handed to the highest  scorer over the four rounds  - after two rounds that was @Eednud @The_Kincardine @WhiteRoseKillie with 17.  

Goalposts moved much m90, if I knew that I would have wanted it more from the start.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

7 for me and Europe in the Nations and Regions and Galactic Empires quiz.

just waiting on your answer for the playoff.  You know the important stuff...

Play off  #146 scores have all come in on time.

Under the lamp this week are;

Silver Medal Playoff

@Arch Stanton 

Salinger became a bit of a recluse after CITR which was early 50s so I'll guess early 60s, 1961.

v 

@Salvo Montalbano 

Never heard of the book, so in tribute to Jack Charlton I'll say 1966.

John Lennon Playoff

@Perkin Flump P8 W4 L4 last 25th Apr '20

Preferred Francie & Josie myself, that was Salinger so will guess 1966

v

@Eednud P14 W9 L5 last app 11th Jan '20

Catcher in the Rye author for this. The individual Franny & Zooey books are from the mis-late 50’s so for the combined Franny & Zooey book i’d say 1959 or:1960. Lock in 1960.

Mark Chapman Playoff

@mathematics P10 W5 L5 last app 20th Jun '20

I’ve no idea what you’re talking about with that book, so I’m taking a stab in the dark at 14th March, 1963

v

@kingjoey MAKING HIS DEBUT

Question - What year was the book Franny & Zooey published?

@Arch Stanton wins the shootout with @Salvo Montalbano for his 6th runners up placing.

@Eednud the man from down under goes upwards, and the @Perkin Flump plummets.

@mathematics had no idea but his experience shone through against rookie @kingjoey, and see him stay in the 2nd Division.

It's over until the next time, stay healthy.