The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

He's a good lad. Anyway why you not been quizzing.

Used to be my thing to do on the train, can't really do it when I'm driving.

ETA think I stopped when I was on holiday and never got back into the routine. Still happy to be doing the cups when they are on the go.

Edited by 101

[mention=62469]BigBo10[/mention] gdwrm105-novelty_imagename.noext_.jpg&key=874945b202b8de6c4caa4aa1723a5e3f3ef0030dff0b60be558fca1d0d623bce

Thank you. It’s great honour to receive this prestigious trophy and follow in the footsteps of such luminaries as... well me and you I think. I’ll keep it safe till such times a new recipient comes forth.

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

You're too kind. 

If anyone's up for up a live quiz, let me know and I'll PM you a link and we'll do it next weekend. 

Edit. What time suits? Just realised we've got folk many hours ahead of us. If it means drinking at midday I'll take one for the team. 

What about at midnight? I have to chase the greenbacks on Friday and Saturday as that's when Glasgow likes their chicken

4 hours ago, 101 said:

If I'm not working count me in, won't know when I'm working so any time would suit :)

I can't say I've ever seen him in such a state.

You should join the regular quiz again, give you some practice. 

20 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

What time  would suit you?

You need to get a time that suits the majority. As the time difference just now is 8.5 hours then best time for me is between 09:00 (00:30 BST) and 22:00 (13:30 BST). If I'm up and about at whatever time is chosen then I'd try it otherwise I'm happy to stick with Pass. 

Edited by Eednud

1 minute ago, Eednud said:

You need to get a time that suits the majority. As the time difference just now is 8.5 hours then best time for me is between 09:00 (00:30 BST) and 22:00 (13:30 BST). If I's up and about at whatever time is chosen then I'd try it otherwise o I'm happy to stick with Pass. 

@Cardinal Richelieu Should give us the questions in advance and we can do a postal vote(answers) thingy.

13 minutes ago, Eednud said:

You need to get a time that suits the majority. As the time difference just now is 8.5 hours then best time for me is between 09:00 (00:30 BST) and 22:00 (13:30 BST). If I's up and about at whatever time is chosen then I'd try it otherwise o I'm happy to stick with Pass. 

You guys actually have half-hour time zones?! Mentalists.

So what time would suit anyone?

You guys actually have half-hour time zones?! Mentalists.

It's fucking crazy, South Australia & Northern Territory, India, Sri Lanka and maybe Iran plus I think some parts of Eastern Canada and maybe some Pacific islands. What's even crazier here is that when we go to Daylight Savings time we go from being 30 minutes behind Queensland to being 30 minutes ahead. We also go 1 hr ahead of NT and 2.5 hrs i/o 1.5hrs ahead of WA.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

It's fucking crazy, South Australia & Northern Territory, India, Sri Lanka and maybe Iran plus I think some parts of Eastern Canada and maybe some Pacific islands. What's even crazier here is that when we go to Daylight Savings time we go from being 30 minutes behind Queensland to being 30 minutes ahead. We also go 1 hr ahead of NT and 2.5 hrs i/o 1.5hrs ahead of WA.

We don't change times here.  Hard enough with Thais knowing what time is and why it matters, never mind changing during year.

16 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Fucking hell. That is a thing of beauty @SlipperyP

Edit: When I relinquished the reins, I thought it'd all go to shit. I've been proved wrong. 

Kudos. 

giphy.gif

Thanks very much @Cardinal Richelieu.

I have a step daughter, she maybe not my blood, but when I took over she became my family.  I will do my best.

This post must have hit me hard last evening as I had a dream, that I was rescued from a hotel which became a mountain,  from a helicopter.  It flew me back to a big warehouse.  There was about 50 people all sitting who also had been rescued.  I remember asking one of the first aiders.  "Did Cardinal Richelieu make it?".  He answered yes, he is over there with his "girlfriend".

Have a nice Sunday.   

Edited by SlipperyP

Playoff #137

Tipping their glasses this week were

Chang Playoff

@Leeds Saint P20 W6 L14 last app: 5th Oct 2019

Stabbiest of stabs in the dark. 1860.

v

@The DA P14 W12 L2 last app: 21st Mar 2020

I'm going to say the same year as prohibition kicked off in the States - 1920.

Tennents Playoff

@mathematics P7 W5 L2 last app: 29th Feb 2020

I have never heard of the Scottish Prohibition Party, so I’m going to have to make a complete guess with: 1923.

v

@Snobot P7 W2 L5 last app: 18th Apr 2020

I will guess 1890

Question - In what year was the Scottish Prohibition Party founded?

@The DA downs his pint and sees @Leeds Saint cry like a man in The Pack Horse, in the other playoff @Snobot goes low and punches drunk @mathematics down, down, down

See you all T'morra 

Edited by SlipperyP

Since it Sunday, and we are either going to church or on our way back. Or forgo, and t sit in the house and do f**k all. I request a thanks to @Div for running this shithole.

As a promotion, why don't you join or even try to promote this thread to the masses. 2 minutes of your time and your gone for the day....to look at durty nurse photos on the Covid Thread. 

eta @Cardinal Richelieu @Tynierose @Bully Wee Villa

Edited by SlipperyP