The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

It's Friday, kids are in bed. The wife is on Facebook or some other shite.  I'll maybe go and buy a beer or two.  Nae canny. Away to bed after a cup of milk.

So if you have not got your scores in, do it before 12:00 Saturday GMT

@Adamski Fri

@MixuFixit Fri

@Salvo Montalbano All week

@Silky Si McFly Fri

@Perkin Flump Fri

@pleslie99 Fri

@LiviLion Thu & Fri

@CaspianChris All week

@BigBo10 Fri

14 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well, the two winning teams were both regulars and very good at quizzes - and I believe competed in several other pub quizzes round Glasgow during the week. 

With both teams tied, I had to quickly think of  a tiebreaker questions, so I asked both teams to write down the answer to the question "How many goals were scored in total at the 2018 World Cup?". 

Suddenly, outrage from the woman in one of the teams who was absolutely leathered. "You can't ask them that! They were asked that in <some other pub> a couple of weeks ago", she squawked. 

I thought she was joking for a second but she was deadly serious. "THAT'S NOT FAIR. THEY'VE HAD THAT QUESTION. ASK ANOTHER ONE". I was the one holding the mic but it was a small pub and she drowned out everything else. 

I tried reasoning with her, stating that I didn't know that they'd been asked that question, and there is only a finite number of tiebreaker questions you could ask (this was before SlipperyP took up the mantle). I think I also asked her, tongue in cheek, if I should just read out more questions until we stumbled upon one she liked, which probably went down like a cup of cold sick. Eventually, her husband calmed her down (and apologised to me for her behaviour). 

The irony, of course, is that the "quiet" team couldn't remember the right answer and the "loud" team were closer and won the quiz anyway. Thankfully not the jackpot though. 

Thats sounds terrible. What a traumatic experience for you, it's OK you're safe now. I'd give you a hug but Boris & Nicola says I can't.

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

How did she know that if she didn't know the answer?

28 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's okay. I can laugh now :) ... hugz

Sounds horrendous. But like Jack, I would like to know how she knew it had been asked before but didn't know the answer? Unless the other team yelled " f**k, this was asked the other week" 😂