The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

On 29/04/2020 at 12:41, Bully Wee Villa said:

It's just something to do to keep my brain occupied tbh. Some people to sudokus or crosswords, I try to memorise stuff. If you think that's sad I once memorised the order of all the black and white Dr Who stories. It beat working. Strangely that has yet to come up in a quiz. Now I don't even have to pretend to be working I have even more time on my hands.

In my 20s, I read a book on how to memorise stuff.  It used the mental imagery method. I memorised the US states .

Can't remember them now,  or the book title or the author.    So obviously it doesn't work!

I distinctly remember the first Dr Who episode. (not the plot)  One of my pals and I thought it and the theme tune were brilliant.

4 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Nine for Thursday. Guessed the count missed the property.

I took part in a "google hangouts" quiz tonight,  with two other teams in 'confinement'.

Q.      Which county had the white rose?

A.      ( from me )  Ah! I know this!     I use WhiteRoseKillie as my 'aide memoire' on this one.    It was on our daily quiz recently.    Easy peasy.  

Lancashire.       

WTF ?

No, I can't explain it either.     Drink was involved, though.

I took part in a "google hangouts" quiz tonight,  with two other teams in 'confinement'.
A.      ( from me )  Ah! I know this!     I use WhiteRoseKillie as my 'aide memoire' on this one.    It was on our daily quiz recently.    Easy peasy.  
        Lancashire.       
         WTF ?
Where can I get some of this drink?

25 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Lancashire.       

WTF ?

That shit would never go down at one of my quizzes!! Right, @Cardinal Richelieu ?

24 minutes ago, Silky Si McFly said:

That shit would never go down at one of my quizzes!! Right, @Cardinal Richelieu ?

Ah, my fondest memory of running your quiz was when there was a tie for first place and I had to hastily think up a tiebreak question. You'd think "How many goals were scored at the 2018 World Cup" wouldn't be contentious?

How wrong I was :lol:

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Ah, my fondest memory of running your quiz was when there was a tie for first place and I had to hastily think up a tiebreak question. You'd think "How many goals were scored at the 2018 World Cup" wouldn't be contentious?

How wrong I was :lol:

Entertain us with you story of woe