The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

The playoff to see who gets dumped into the seaside "Pontins League" and who gets a second swimming chance.

@cyderspaceman NO SCORE

v

@NJ2 Good question, Kelty is wee (around 5k, certainly less than 10k I think) and, I think, Brora is even wee’er maybe 1-2k? My guess is 7,890.

v

@The Captain Combined Population mmm.. 3256. Or most likely not. 

Please answer this question and the BIG playoff question in the same PM please.

@NJ2survives to the next round.  @cyderspaceman & @The Captain can look out their speedos  

Playoff time has come #136

In the hot seat this weekend are;

K2 Playoff

@Adamski P5 W3 L2 last app: 7th Mar 2020

197 decibels

v

@Perkin Flump P7 W4 L3 last app:11th Jan 2020

Useless fact time, I know the loudest possible sound is 194 dB which is something to do with air pressure or atmospheric conditions. Taking that into account I will say 189dB. Remember reading that it could be heard over 2000 miles away so f**k knows what it was like if you lived next door.

Knockhill Playoff

@NJ2 P20 W11 L9 last app: 11th Jan 2020

I seem to recall being told bands can go above 50 decibels so the loudest thing ever must be well above that? A darts score inspired guess of ONE ‘UNDRED N EEIIIGGGHTTY

v

@deej P6 W3 L3 last app: 9th Dec 2017

NO SCORE

Question - The 1883 Krakatoa Eruption was loudest noise ever recorded.  In decibels, was what clocked?

Congratulation to @Adamski with his explosive answer, and stays in the tap league for now.  @Perkin Flump thinks he knew it or there about was blown away.

Well done to @NJ2 coming through two difficult ties to keep himself in the most boring league to mankind.

For fairness other scores.

@cyderspaceman NO SCORE

@The Captain 360 dB

@deej NO SCORE

See you all next weekend

Edited by SlipperyP

There seems to be a Saturday Quiz. Not sure if that's always been there or just because of the lockdown. 

Anyway, I got eight in that. Assume we will count that,  and future weekend quizzes, as just for fun rather than troubling The Slipmeister General to add another column to his much-better-than-the-Cardinal-could-do spreadsheet.

5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

There seems to be a Saturday Quiz. Not sure if that's always been there or just because of the lockdown. 

Anyway, I got eight in that. Assume we will count that,  and future weekend quizzes, as just for fun rather than troubling The Slipmeister General to add another column to his much-better-than-the-Cardinal-could-do spreadsheet.

Yes pre season training, that's all it's good for.  As the the better than the Cardinal.  I received the foundations set by the great man.  We would never be here without him.  I have deducted 1 point from your Monday score for bring the game into disrepute.  If you post a nice message about him, you may get the point back.  

16 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Yes pre season training, that's all it's good for.  As the the better than the Cardinal.  I received the foundations set by the great man.  We would never be here without him.  I have deducted 1 point from your Monday score for bring the game into disrepute.  If you post a nice message about him, you may get the point back.  

Hmmm... no deal.

I'm sure a man of the cloth would see through such blatant lies anyway. He knows all about my levels of deceit from some of the quite revolting things I've told him in the confessional.

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Hmmm... no deal.

I'm sure a man of the cloth would see through such blatant lies anyway. He knows all about my levels of deceit from some of the quite revolting things I've told him in the confessional.

Can a MOD ban hammer another MOD?