The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

22 hours ago, Silky Si McFly said:

Some questions I have on my Facebok page today. I appreciate not all of you have facebook or wish to use it, so I've copied them below. If you want to post your answers to me in a private message, I'll do a wee league table of who got what right and post them tomorrow morning, so deadline is 10am UK time tomorrow.

All of the answers share a common four letter sequence.

1. What landmark was named one of the New 7 wonders of the world in 2007, and is falsely said to be visible from space?

2. Who led the Scottish Army into battle against the English at The Battle of Falkirk in 1298?

3. What native animal is the nickname of the Australian Rugby Union team?

4. What Disney-Pixar 2008 film, centres around a Waste Allocation Load Lifter (Earth Class)?

5. What series of books was created by English illustrator Martin Handford? The series featured the title character wearing a red and white striped shirt, bobble hat and glasses. I am looking for the name of the series as known in the UK, not North America.

6. Checkpoint Charlie was a crossing point along which structure between 1963-1989?

7. Created by Nick Park, one of his most famous creations, which characters featured in the short films 'The Wrong Trousers' and 'A Close Shave'?

8. Which single from 1979, features the lyrics, "We don't need no education"?

9. Which short lived BBC game show was hosted by Dale Winton for it's first series and Anton du Beke for it's second?

10. What term is used when an actor in a play or a movie purposely speaks to the audience, such as the title character Deadpool does?

11. What is the name of the alcoholic cocktail made with vodka, Galliano & Fresh Orange?

12. According to the saying "One _______ does not a summer make"

13. In computing, what is a technological barrier designed to prevent unauthorised or unwanted communications between computer networks or hosts?

14. Build between 142AD-154AD, what structure in Scotland ran from Old Kilpatrick in West Dunbartonshire to Carriden near Bo'ness?

15. Which 1999 young adult book written by Stephen Chbosky was made into a 2012 movie starring Emma Watson & Ezra Miller?

Answers are as follows

1 Great WALL of China

2 William WALLace

3 The WALLabies

4 WALL-e

5 Where's WALLy

6 The Berlin WALL

7 WALLace & Gromit

8 Another Brick in the WALL

9 Hole in the WALL

10 Breaking the fourth WALL

11 Harvey WALLbanger