The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

FFS. 5 teams in 1st place in the Top Shop. Might need to enlist the help of @mathematics to sort this one out. 

Here's the latecomers (I appreciate it's not that late, but it's the only chance I'll get to tag you before tomorrow). 

@alang1993 @Moomintroll @deej @The Captain @BigBo10 @wastecoatwilly (friday)

@The_Kincardine (all week)

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

FFS. 5 teams in 1st place in the Top Shop. Might need to enlist the help of @mathematics to sort this one out. 

Here's the latecomers (I appreciate it's not that late, but it's the only chance I'll get to tag you before tomorrow). 

@alang1993 @Moomintroll @deej @The Captain @BigBo10 @wastecoatwilly (friday)

@The_Kincardine (all week)

Tell me the names and I’ll pick the least douchey.

Tablestime lads. And there's edge-of-your-seat excitement in the top shop. 

FIVE (FUNF) teams are atop the tree on 44 points. The vagaries of Quiz Difference are again brought into question, as it is decided Leeds Saint who gets gold, Adamski and Mark Connolly must scrap it out for the runners-up gong, and Rugster + Salvo can bore people down the pub with tales about almost being a contender.

Sorry lads. Made a total c**t of it. Adamski and Mark Connolly are in a play-off for 1st .. Leedsy gets hee-haw. Sorry chaps. Thanks Silky. 

Deej was demoted even if he'd posted a 10 this week, Adam101 couldn't mix it with the big lads and Alang1993 joins him, with Moomintroll in the play-offs - again quiz difference plays its part with 4 teams on 40 pointsl. THIS IS WHY I WANTED A TWO WEEK LEAGUE. 

image.png.4b366087abe9f681749d63fd381c33f3.png

Not quite as much excitement in the SWL, Archy taking top-slot from Peasy, with Mixy getting the last promotion spot and Jaggy in the play-offs. 

At t'other end, can someone check up to see if the @The Captain is still with us? The DA and maths are also down and NJ2 is in the play-offs. 

image.png.751cb3d5563b8714838bb4b685457272.png

And so to the bottom league where nothing very exciting happened. NotThePars is the champ after going AWOL over Xmas, MSU and Caspian Chris have stopped the rot, and Edmun is in the play-offs and might find himself in the BHL league for another season. The only thing of note was a frisson of excitement when it looked like newcomer Steel Jag might scoop the spoon on the last day of the season, but to his credit, Jacksgranda dug deep into his quizzing reserves and pulled out another spoonworthy performance. 

image.png.b059ed094d4ccdab8fdf09de43d62e6e.png

So it's over to our man in Manila (well Thailand but Manila sounds better) .. to sort out the plya-offs. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

To be fair Cardinal I don't think anyone was opposed to a 2 week league or in fact a month long league. The main problem is that the top 2 leagues have pretty much identical promotion and relegation scores, I think you need to lengthen the season

38 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

To be fair Cardinal I don't think anyone was opposed to a 2 week league or in fact a month long league. The main problem is that the top 2 leagues have pretty much identical promotion and relegation scores, I think you need to lengthen the season

Yer doon. Live with it. 

Thank you @Cardinal Richelieu Hope you have a merry Christmas and a delightful New Year, and same to all.

Yes it's Playoff time the first of the new decade

Golden Tap League winners Play Off

@Adamski v @Mark Connolly

Sharks Playoff

@Moomintroll 

P6 W4 L2 21/12/2019

v

@German Jag

P21 W14 L7 9/11/2019

Tiddlers Playoff

@NJ2

P19 W10 L9 7/12/2019

v

@Eednud 

P13 W9 L4 23/11/2019

Question - As of the 3rd Jan 2020, how many valid species of fish?

Answers to PM tank no later than 07:00 Monday TT

Good Luck

Edited by SlipperyP

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Another relegation on the cards for you next week...See you in diddy league very soon.

Thank you [mention=4857]Cardinal Richelieu[/mention] Hope you have a merry Christmas and a delightful New Year, and same to all.
Yes it's Playoff time the first of the new decade
Golden Tap League winners Play Off
[mention=110]Adamski[/mention] v [mention=37888]Mark Connolly[/mention]
Sharks Playoff
[mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention] 
P6 W4 L2 21/12/2019
v
[mention=8056]German Jag[/mention]
P21 W14 L7 9/11/2019
Tiddlers Playoff
[mention=73487]NJ2[/mention]
P19 W10 L9 7/12/2019
v
[mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] 
P13 W9 L4 23/11/2019
Question - How many different types of fish species?
Answers to PM tank no later than 07:00 Monday TT
Good Luck

Could you confirm the question please, sir?