The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

It's not often a team's first medal is a gold one, but it's happened this time. Yes - they'll be dancing on the streets of Borrowstounness this weekend as 8MileBU clinches the title on QD from Rugster. 

At the other end, German Jag ist gerelegated and Tynierose's 2 10s was pointless. The other relegation spot / play-off spot are tied between Edmund and MixuFixit - so that's one for Slippers to sort out.

image.png.ba7494d1b6f12667ad153ecc4a80dad6.png

Mark Connolly ended up romping the SWL with the highest score across all the teams, and his abject performance last week nothing but a footnote in history. Geaky and Adamski are up, and Moomintroll last gasp full-boat sees him in the play-offs at the expense of, well, me. b*****d.

At the other end, deej didn't get paid enough to post his Friday score, Snobot and Adam101 couldn't hack it with the medium-sized boys, and wastecoatwilly is edged into the play-offs. 

image.png.1741c53c24446dca6c96fb60871bb08a.png

And in the bottom league, it's a (Raheem) Sterling performance from NotThePars. Captain and James are up, and Spring Onion has sprung into the play-offs, whilst the wooden spoon is heading all the way to Peterhead. In a helicopter. 

image.png.74b193f431b50628912eba0bbc2753f7.png

Now over to @SlipperyP to sort out the play-offs, and @Jacksgranda to do the, er, spooning. 

Guest Moomintroll
It's not often a team's first medal is a gold one, but it's happened this time. Yes - they'll be dancing on the streets of Borrowstounness this weekend as 8MileBU clinches the title on QD from Rugster. 
At the other end, German Jag ist gerelegated and Tynierose's 2 10s was pointless. The other relegation spot / play-off spot are tied between Edmund and MixuFixit - so that's one for Slippers to sort out.
Mark Connolly ended up romping the SWL with the highest score across all the teams, and his abject performance last week nothing but a footnote in history. Geaky and Adamski are up, and Moomintroll last gasp full-boat sees him in the play-offs at the expense of, well, me. b*****d.
At the other end, deej didn't get paid enough to post his Friday score, Snobot and Adam101 couldn't hack it with the medium-sized boys, and wastecoatwilly is edged into the play-offs. 
And in the bottom league, it's a (Raheem) Sterling performance from NotThePars. Captain and James are up, and Spring Onion has sprung into the play-offs, whilst the wooden spoon is heading all the way to Peterhead. In a helicopter. 
Now over to [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention] to sort out the play-offs, and [mention=22050]Jacksgranda[/mention] to do the, er, spooning. 
Yasss, that's me getting some warning points first time I give you an excuse.

Ta @Cardinal Richelieu were you not at the H & S meeting? No, I don't think you were. Well, the term "Slippers" usually gets you a slap in the puss.

Hello everyone, Israel heeyha. Serbia away, aye well.  Wataweek and we conclude with Playoff #118.

On the journey this weekend are;

BBC Kilroy Play Off

@MixuFixit P4 W1 L3 last app: 28/09/2019

v

@Eednud P12 W8 L4 last app: 02/11/2019

v

@Moomintroll P4 W3 L1 last app: 26/10/2019

Peter Hetherston Play Off

@wastecoatwilly P8 W2 L6 last app: 26/10/2019

v

@Spring Onion P2 W1 L1 last app: 16/11/2019

Question - 丝绸之路 or Sī Chóu Zhī Lù is one of the worlds most famous roads.  How long is it in miles?

Answers to be motored to my PM lane no later than Monday 07:00 TT

Good Luck to all.

Edited by SlipperyP

Dear @Cardinal Richelieu

Surely two tens should mean an automatic reprieve from relegation.

Also I've heard that @Adamski fielded ineligible players and @geaky has a stadium not up to standard.  Further more @Mark Connolly doesn't like Indian people.

Surely one of those reasons should keep me in top flight?

Also well done @8MileBUon winning league, can you do it again though son, can you?

In other news now I've finished dealing with the Lithgy Fawkirk game I will do a cup quiz this week.

Edited by Tynierose

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Now over to @SlipperyP to sort out the play-offs, and @Jacksgranda to do the, er, spooning. 

Back where we belong, hope the SWL boys enjoyed the Connolly pound, sink us we’ll sink you, going for 2.

Early entries this weekend on this beautiful winters morning, but nippy at 26 degrees. 

The results of Playoff #118.

On the journey this weekend were;

BBC Kilroy Play Off

@MixuFixit P4 W1 L3 last app: 28/09/2019

Guessing this is in China and that it's a big artery, so I'll say 2200 miles.

v

@Eednud P12 W8 L4 last app: 02/11/2019

Never heard of that name but if it’s famous I’ll say it’s the Silk Road and it will be fucking long, 10:000 kms/6,214 miles long.

v

@Moomintroll P4 W3 L1 last app: 26/10/2019

Right it is either going to be a den of filth in Bangkok or some ancient pilgrimage route through the Himalayas to Beijing. Against my better judgement I will go with the latter & say 5500 miles.

@wastecoatwilly P8 W2 L6 last app: 26/10/2019

988 miles long only for camels no HGV's

v

@Spring Onion P2 W1 L1 last app: 16/11/2019

Ok here we go again, 3rd week in a row in the play offs. So this road must be a decent size. Maybe its the silk road, not that this would help me.  I'm going to go with 12 345 miles

Question - 丝绸之路 or Sī Chóu Zhī Lù is one of the worlds most famous roads.  How long is it in miles?

First up, congratulations to @Eednud a travelling man himself, probably walked this route to OZ during his chain gang days.  There is also a promotion for @Moomintroll, who makes the short trip to the top league. @MixuFixit never got a sniff (of the silk panties).

For the second playoff, it was tight. They were both quiet a distance from the line however @Spring Onion somehow made the trek. @wastecoatwilly, lost his way.

Safe journey, wherever you are heading.

Guest Moomintroll

Early entries this weekend on this beautiful winters morning, but nippy at 26 degrees. 

The results of Playoff #118.

On the journey this weekend were;

BBC Kilroy Play Off

[mention=75884]MixuFixit[/mention] P4 W1 L3 last app: 28/09/2019

Guessing this is in China and that it's a big artery, so I'll say 2200 miles.

v

[mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] P12 W8 L4 last app: 02/11/2019

Never heard of that name but if it’s famous I’ll say it’s the Silk Road and it will be fucking long, 10:000 kms/6,214 miles long.

v

[mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention] P4 W3 L1 last app: 26/10/2019

Right it is either going to be a den of filth in Bangkok or some ancient pilgrimage route through the Himalayas to Beijing. Against my better judgement I will go with the latter & say 5500 miles.

[mention=50998]wastecoatwilly[/mention] P8 W2 L6 last app: 26/10/2019

988 miles long only for camels no HGV's

v

[mention=74823]Spring Onion[/mention] P2 W1 L1 last app: 16/11/2019

Ok here we go again, 3rd week in a row in the play offs. So this road must be a decent size. Maybe its the silk road, not that this would help me.  I'm going to go with 12 345 miles

First up, congratulations to [mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] a travelling man himself, probably walked this route to OZ during his chain gang days.  There is also a promotion for [mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention], who makes the short trip to the top league. [mention=75884]MixuFixit[/mention] never got a sniff (of the silk panties).

For the second playoff, it was tight. They were both quiet a distance from the line however [mention=74823]Spring Onion[/mention] somehow made the trek. [mention=50998]wastecoatwilly[/mention], lost his way.

Safe journey, wherever you are heading.

Ffs, how did I miss that it was the Silk Road you were talking about? I have just finished reading a book about walking the Himalayas & am halfway through a book about a train journey through the Tibetian Plateau, was still too dim to realise.

Guest Moomintroll
Christmas quiz will come either tonight or tomorrow.
I'm going to the pub for a bit so maybe tomorrow.
Still to decide the format, might just go straight knock out.
I'm excited, very excited.
200.gif&key=6c47f36e351b1a5a96bbf908c2146f66de0c2a9168ac696bc7ce14e6b4f279ae
Straight knockout is the way to go, GIRFUY UEFA.

25 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Christmas quiz will come either tonight or tomorrow.

I'm going to the pub for a bit so maybe tomorrow.

Still to decide the format, might just go straight knock out.

I'm excited, very excited.

excited fuck yeah GIF

The last quiz cup was excellent. Hopefully this one meets the same standard.

Guest Moomintroll
Nations League format for me please.
Yassss, I won already, I think. Did I? Ah shit, no the answer was discombobulation, the winner was The Peoples Front of Judea, same time next week for Numberwang. No idea what I just typed there but it still makes more sense than the UEFA Nations League format. P.S Dogs, a fuckton of dogs.