The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Nadia Comăneci did it in 1980, Torvill and Dean in 1984. O'Sullivan achieved it in around 5 minutes. Taylor managed it twice in one match. How soon will it be before someone achieves perfection in the P+B Quiz League?

Arch Stanton has come the closest so far. Amazingly it's Arch Stanton's first gold and very well deserved. They'll be dancing on the streets of wherever he lives this weekend.

Hopefully I won't do a Man City 37/38

Thanks @pleslie99 for the unforeseen error.

I have amended the playoff participants. Those who have already answered, no need to again. 

Hello Boys, playoff is all around us on this beautiful Saturday, Sunday.

Cracking bunch this weekend are;

Second is for Losers Playoff

@Rugster v @Helpma 

Party People Playoff

@Eednud (already answered) v @German Jag (already answered)

Quiet Night in Again Playoff

@MixuFixit (already answered) v @NJ2

Question - In what year was the first full translating into English, of the four gospels.

Answers to be dipped in my box no later that 12:00 Monday TT. *extra 6 hours

PS. @NotThePars had not submitted an answer, therfore, no real headsgone....yet.

Anyone else have a problem with their scores?

Good Luck.

Edited by SlipperyP

21 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

The ads and pop-ups I get on that Joe page are totally annoying as f**k.

Aye, they are a pain. Eventually realised you can close the video that pops up. They must have changed something, as there never used to be ads when I first started doing the quiz. It makes it unreadable at times

14 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

As u can see here.......

I mean I know it's a rare occurrence for Cardigan Richard to f**k up but this is a monumental moment, especially as the playoff question has already been posted......

In fact I may even have achieved automatic promotion if my understanding of QD is correct.......

*cough* superleague *cough*

Oh FFS. Sorry pleslie99. Well ... there are three things we could do here:

1. I could fall on my sword and give you my place in the SWL for my transgressions
  2. You could fall on your sword for failing to capitalise the word SUPERLEAGUE
  3. We could have a SUPERLEAGUE

Answers on a postcard!

1. I could fall on my sword and give you my place in the SWL for my transgressions
Answers on a postcard!

Think@SlipperyP has already fixed your indiscretion and possibly granted you some form of absolution. None of this Superleague palaver.

24 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Answers on a postcard!

I think we should put @SlipperyP in charge. He never makes a mistake, and even if he did, nobody would dare complain, especially if they were a dog owner...

1 minute ago, Eednud said:

Think@SlipperyP has already fixed your indiscretion and possibly granted you some form of absolution. None of this Superleague palaver.

Correct.

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

I get it now, reread the Cardigan’s original text and worked out just how he b*****dised the English language.

What do you care? I thought you were a numbers man!

Sorry. You've mentioned me twice. No idea what's happening. I'm letting Slippery P sort shit out from now. He's a man who gets things done, especially if the thing you need done is your neighbour's dog getting chucked in the river. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Times more or less up, whats 30 minutes when you have all weekend!

Cracking bunch this weekend we had trying their best as always;

Second is for Losers Playoff

@Rugster  NO SCORE

v @Helpma Translating the 4 Gospels?  Hmm, that didnt happen in my last run-through of Europa Universalis, does that mean it was before 1440?  Hardly seems likely, does it? Then again, its only the Gospels, not the whole bible.  Oh, go for it.  1392.

Party People Playoff

@Eednud It’s something to do with the Venerable Bede or the Clear White Light of Lindisfarne. I’ll go with Lindisfarne with monks translating them in the 9th or 10th century so guess 945 AD. I could be wrong though.

v @German Jag No idea, will say 1300

Quiet Night in Again Playoff

@MixuFixit 1540

v @NJ2  I’d like it on record that participating in this playoff is no way a showing of agreement as to how this club ended up in it.  Also, I’ve no idea. 1470 - the scientific of formula of picking 1 (seems obvious) then missing 2 and repeating the pattern.

Question - In what year was the first full translating into English, of the four gospels.

Congratulations to @Helpma coming second, he's not heard that for a long time, if ever.  Again @Rugster is too busy with the green dot League.

We also have @Eednud, who was very close, however I was looking for the full translation, his version still had some Latin text, I'm maybe wrong, but I'm right. @German Jag should have just got drunk over the weekend.

We come to the controversial playoff, in-out who knows what was happening. Well I do. Not a dry eye in the @NJ2 household,( no disrespect if you are a travelling person), with the emotional trauma he has went through this weekend . HE'S UP.  Sorry @MixuFixit, you had about 3 teams to play in 2 days, it showed.

Once again, we have to take that road again. Good Luck everyone!

PS., There has been a few posts that really are red top paper talking stuff. I'm very happy where I am in life leading the @SlipperyP young team (on the up the last 2 seasons).  I won't speak about this anymore, It's just not right for everyone to speculate. I have a job to do, I'm just preparing for next weekend.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2qSviS3DC5zYdneGsNvl

Edited by SlipperyP